Breaking Tata Sky will provide new Tariff Plans - Discussions (TRAI Tariff Order w.e.f 1st Feb 2019)

I wish the TRAI tariff stays but the ridiculous prices of Ă -la-carte channels and the NCF reduces to some extent along with the compulsion of DD channels, that should be also chopped down to like 2-3 compulsory DD channels not like 25 channels in which I would only be able to understand like 5 channels and other are in their respective different regional languages which I don't speak.. That's just waste of a customer's money in my opinion.

As of now if u take the packs i am subscribed to: Ultra (Rs 560) + HDAF (Rs 175) = Rs 735

In new tariff regime i would pay Rs 320-350 for the channels i watch which is almost 50% cheaper than existing pack.
As of now i am on annual pack which i will keep till it gets over

As of now if u take the packs i am subscribed to: Ultra (Rs 560) + HDAF (Rs 175) = Rs 735

In new tariff regime i would pay Rs 320-350 for the channels i watch which is almost 50% cheaper than existing pack.
As of now i am on annual pack which i will keep till it gets over
Exactly that's why I want to switch to Tata Sky, if they implement the new tariffs.

I wish the TRAI tariff stays but the ridiculous prices of Ă -la-carte channels and the NCF reduces to some extent along with the compulsion of DD channels, that should be also chopped down to like 2-3 compulsory DD channels not like 25 channels in which I would only be able to understand like 5 channels and other are in their respective different regional languages which I don't speak.. That's just waste of a customer's money in my opinion.

The tariff order is very good for those who wish to watch less number of channels.

And Rs 130 NCF is max rate, DPO can charge lesser if they wish. Someone said if prices are same across all platforms, doesnt this kill competition...
And why Competitors Commission of India is not doing anything. Well competition will come as per Market Forces, like any DPO can charge less than Rs 130 for 100 SD and Less than Rs 20 for next 25 channels. Like DishTV after first 100 channels is charging Rs 1/channel if one takes less than 15 channels in next slab.

So here competition will play and not get removed, we will see the good things in next 3 months

The tariff order is very good for those who wish to watch less number of channels.

And Rs 130 NCF is max rate, DPO can charge lesser if they wish. Someone said if prices are same across all platforms, doesnt this kill competition...
And why Competitors Commission of India is not doing anything. Well competition will come as per Market Forces, like any DPO can charge less than Rs 130 for 100 SD and Less than Rs 20 for next 25 channels. Like DishTV after first 100 channels is charging Rs 1/channel if one takes less than 15 channels in next slab.

So here competition will play and not get removed, we will see the good things in next 3 months
Agree, the initial phase might be a bit chaotic but in a long run I can see the new rules benefitting us cause if customers starts to drop channels due to heavy pricing, broadcasters are bound to decrease the prices otherwise their advertisement rates would fall which brings like 70-80% of their revenues.

It will be implemented bro from 1st Feb as per TRAI order.

Why?
  1. They have already applied the TRAI rules for 3 newly launched channels.
  2. They wont reveal the date as they want to wait till last day to see if TRAI extents it further.
  3. If all other DTH/MSO implement the order from 1st Feb, then TS users will shift to other providers, which i guess TS doesnt want such a thing to happen so they too would follow it from that date.
Why tatasky users will move bro?
When trai rule is implemented monthly bill will be very high.even tatasky seems cheaper🤣

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock