tatasky delaying channel addition

Dear jdrocks,

Migrated channels are not in single TP, but they started moving them to single TP today. i.e., TP 11470

Best Regards,
HariRaghavan

So we definitely see some pattern emerging during the migration activity at TS. Hopefully some new channels would be added soon. Life will be jingalala shortly!! Other DTH companies beware, TS is on the warpath!

HariRaghavan said:
Step 1: To convert a TP into completely MPEG4 with DVB-S2 8PSK modulation, they need to move at least 20-21 channels to MPEG4 and into single TP.
Step 2: Once those number of channels got migrated, they can convert channels on other TPs into MPEG4 and move them to this converted TP until a maximum of around 35 channels.
Step 3: The remaining channels in the second TP can also be converted to MPEG4 and that TP can be completely changed to DVB-S2 8PSK modulation.

Channel addition will happen after Step 2 and will be done in phased manner based on the TP space recovered.
This can go on until all TPs are converted to DVB-S2 8PSK modulation.

So we have to wait till at least 20+ channels are moved to MPEG4 before expecting any channel addition.

Best Regards,
HariRaghavan

sadly

but they added channel before migrating full tp

I believe that tata sky is never going to add new channels in Hindi and English...they will only add new channels in Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam. I have decided to switch over to Dish TV from January 1, 2014 when the money I have paid gets over.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock