• Views: Views 205,900

Are you happy with TRAI's amendments to the Tariff Order

• Yes

• No

• I don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Operators decide lock in period and in new regime broadcasters cannot sign exclusive deals with operators then how can they make any DTH operator change its lock in period policy?
If a DTH operator allows a pay channel pick n drop on same day, then can broadcaster earn money for the day?

In Tata Sky, Airtel your money doesn't get deducted if you activate Star Sports in morning and unsubscribe by evening.
How is Star getting the subscription money from such subscribers who do this then? This is a huge hit on their revenues if they don't get compensated.
If any package or channel is dropped same day it was subscribed then operators assume that it was never subscribed, you will understand this by checking monthly statements of Tata Sky. Neither customer not operator is liable to pay for such channels because in record customer never subscribed it.

Be patient. Broadcaster already know this trick. They won't let any dth operator to remove any channel after 7 days when 2.0 will apply. Even if they allow to remove, you have to pay in full, not per day basis..
In Tata Sky, Airtel your money doesn't get deducted if you activate Star Sports in morning and unsubscribe by evening.
How is Star getting the subscription money from such subscribers who do this then? This is a huge hit on their revenues if they don't get compensated.
In D2h , they are deducting money as many times you subscribe and unsubscribe a single bouquet for that particular day
If you subscribe and unsubscribea single bouquet for 3 times a day 3 times your money gets deduct?
Where is that money going? In whose pocket??

If any package or channel is dropped same day it was subscribed then operators assume that it was never subscribed, you will understand this by checking monthly statements of Tata Sky. Neither customer not operator is liable to pay for such channels because in record customer never subscribed it.
That would only make them increase channel prices for the existing monthly subscribers then.

In D2h , they are deducting money as many times you subscribe and unsubscribe a single bouquet for that particular day
If you subscribe and unsubscribea single bouquet for 3 times a day 3 times your money gets deduct?
No idea. I don't subscribe to what I don't want in the first place.
Are you saying if a pack is priced at 20rs per month, then its deducting 20*3=60rs if you subscribe and unsubscribe for 3 times in a day?

No idea. I don't subscribe to what I don't want in the first place.
Are you saying if a pack is priced at 20rs per month, then its deducting 20*3=60rs if you subscribe and unsubscribe for 3 times in a day?
No, I meant to say that if a Bouquet price is 20 rs per month and i subscribe and unsubscribe 3 times in the same day then Rs 0.67X3= Rs 2+GST is deducted in a day

No, I meant to say that if a Bouquet price is 20 rs per month and i subscribe and unsubscribe 3 times in the same day then Rs 0.67X3= Rs 2+GST is deducted in a day
Rightfully that is how it should be currently. And its still better than not deducting any money though.

What is lock in period in d2h?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock