• Views: Views 205,971

Are you happy with TRAI's amendments to the Tariff Order

• Yes

• No

• I don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if DPOs file new rates, only alacarta will be valid, because most of new bouquets are invalid frm 1st march..
Most of the DPOs are Broadcasters! Zee have Dishtv, D2H & Siti cable, Star in TATA Sky, SUN have Sun direct & SCV and TV18/RIL have Hathway & Den. So, in this case can we expect DPO rates today?

Last edited:
Buddy, when there us status quo then why DPOs will update its offerings? Changes cannot be made by TRAI or Broadcasters regarding pricing or bouquet hence operators r duty bound to continue them. Feb 1 or March 1 deadline or any other thing cannot come into play , honourable court will direct in successive hearings what needs to be done be it temporarily or as final outcome

Reactions: KGF
Buddy, when there us status quo then why DPOs will update its offerings? Changes cannot be made by TRAI or Broadcasters regarding pricing or bouquet hence operators r duty bound to continue them. Feb 1 or March 1 deadline or any other thing cannot come into play , honourable court will direct in successive hearings what needs to be done be it temporarily or as final outcome
Status quo is only on the action against violators. For instance, TRAI can't punish the broadcasters for not publishing the rates. However, the NTO 2.0 will come into effect on March 1st, as there is no stay order. That means all the packs that are having those 19 rupees channels will become invalid causing a huge inconvenience to the consumers, if the DPOs don't modify their packs by EOD today.

Status quo is only on the action against violators. For instance, TRAI can't punish the broadcasters for not publishing the rates. However, the NTO 2.0 will come into effect on March 1st, as there is no stay order. That means all the packs that are having those 19 rupees channels will become invalid causing a huge inconvenience to the consumers, if the DPOs don't modify their packs by EOD today.

Status Quo means current system will continue, nothing becomes invalid and no party has power to alter RIO or rules. This is why broadcasters have decided to continue old tariff til Feb 11 or 29, had TRAI been given go ahead then broadcasters would have stuck with revised rates and bouquet disqualifications would have been brought about

Status Quo means current system will continue, nothing becomes invalid and no party has power to alter RIO or rules. This is why broadcasters have decided to continue old tariff til Feb 11 or 29, had TRAI been given go ahead then broadcasters would have stuck with revised rates and bouquet disqualifications would have been brought about
Court had asked the broadcasters to publish the new rates on 15th in the first hearing itself while denying to stay. This means the dates are in place for the NTO 2.0. Let's see what happens.

that's what I meant to say.. the agreement validity will expire on 31st January 11:59pm.
That's what i am asking where u got this date from? If you have personally seen agreement then only you can say date.. i count find till now. Pls give source for this date or so called validity of 1 year. As per my understanding, agreement can be of any duration either 6 months, 1 yr, 2 yrs whatever mentioned in agreement.. it can vary.. but all are saying 1 yr without telling any source

the broadcasters has published new RIO this January, in that RIO they mentioned it'll be effective from 1st February. so assuming that their old RIO was for one year only!
DDF Exclusive - Star India new Rio Packages as per old TRAI rules w.e.f 1st Feb 2020
He has also assumed it. If you remember TS had not signed agreement till start of feb 2019 due to court cases. So hw can all agreement between so many DPOs & Broadcasters expire on same date. For TS, even 1yr is not over yet. Pls note, TRAI does not provided any agreement date and duration. It is pure business dealing. So dates will vary.

When is the NTO 2.0 implementation date 1st Feb or 1st March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock