• Views: Views 206,802

Are you happy with TRAI's amendments to the Tariff Order

• Yes

• No

• I don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well let me put forwards how things stand and what r the outcomes possible in future

Right now honourable court has ordered status quo which means as per my understanding that things will continue like it is in practice right now. Current prices be it for bouquet or standalone will remain applicable till next hearing. Do not worry neither TRAI or broadcasters can make any changes till then.

Bigger question which is hovering on my mind is how will operators include new star network channels or any other channels launched in interim to their platform, operators need to renew/upgrade to latest RIO for introducing latest channels but it cannot happen right now... Even if allowed as some makeshift arrangement then will operators be willing to do so as there is uncertainty and more modifications r awaited later. Now Movies Ok is being renamed to Star Gold 2 but its price cannot be altered, also other new chs may only land on platform if Star offers it on complimentary basis till the court verdict is out

So, is it expected to see updated channel prices today?

vZ71lNq.jpg

3EJod7q.jpg

Let me clear a couple of things up for you guys:

1) Jan 15 was not a deadline for broadcasters to announce new prices. Instead, the new law says if you want to announce a change in price, please give 45 days prior notice. Broadcasters have no intention of changing the price. They are planning to go a la carte for all the major channels till the court case is settled, which means they will go with a la carte for their major channels for several months.

2) Today is not a deadline for DPOs. The new law says if they want to introduce or change a new pack, they have to give 30 days notice, which means if they don't do it by today/tomorrow, they won't be able to introduce any new pack or price. on March 1

3) If no new packs are announced today, all packs that contain Star Plus, Zee TV etc will be withdrawn on March 1. Any DPO pack that does not contain a channel priced above Rs 12 will continue to be valid. That's it.

So, from March 1, most -- if not all -- EXISTING big DPO packs will automatically become illegal unless the court gives a stay. So far, no stay has been given. However, some of the add-on packs will continue to be available.

Last edited:
2) Today is not a deadline for DPOs. The new law says if they want to introduce or change a new pack, they have to give 30 days notice, which means if they don't do it by today/tomorrow, they won't be able to introduce any new pack or price. on March 1
DPOs shouldn't show the packs that aren't following the new rules from tomorrow. All such packs should be taken down from their websites. They have to inform the customers who are using such packs to make sure they take the respective al-a-carte and ensure continuity. From March 1st, all the incompatible packs will stop working.

You are right on the other points.

DPOs shouldn't show the packs that aren't following the new rules from tomorrow. All such packs should be taken down from their websites. They have to inform the customers who are using such packs to make sure they take the respective al-a-carte and ensure continuity. From March 1st, all the incompatible packs will stop working.

You are right on the other points.
I assume status-quo means NTO 1.0 remains valid until further order from HC.
None or part of NTO 2.0 is law until then.

So besides, Ala carta price and Bouquets prices along with conditions are at question by IBF how about DPO part like NCF for second connection it should followed from 1st march per NTO2 right ,unless IBF manage to get stay or could it be blanket stay for NTO2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock