Breaking TRAI Suggestive Package of 100 SD channels from Rs.184

Can anyone post the link to the original TRAI pdf document(not the 'suggestive package' pdf but the one which contains all the details) here? I searched the website but couldn't find it
Can anyone post the link to the original TRAI pdf document(not the 'suggestive package' pdf but the one which contains all the details) here? I searched the website but couldn't find it
You can download the pdf from the below link
https://www.trai.gov.in/sites/default/files/FAQ18122018.pdf

26 DD channels + 74 SD channels = 100
26 DD channels + 44 SD channels + 15 HD channels = 100 channels
1 HD channel is equivalent to 2 SD channels. So, if you take 70 SD (including DD channels) channels then 15 HD channels can be taken in place of 30 SD channels.
Thank you for clarifying that😊 and for that 15 hd channels that i take in the base pack,i don't have to pay network capacity fee seperatly right? It will be coverd in the base pack? Only i have to pay the mrp+18%gst for for the pay hd channels that i took in the base pack right?

Thank you for clarifying that😊 and for that 15 hd channels that i take in the base pack,i don't have to pay network capacity fee seperatly right? It will be coverd in the base pack? Only i have to pay the mrp+18%gst for for the pay hd channels that i took in the base pack right?
I don't understand what is the Ncf for pay channel that u think u r waived off by this method. And u r agree to pay mrp+ gst for pay channel. So what is the benefit???

Last edited:
Yes you are right. If you take HD channels within the 100 channels then no need to pay extra NCF, only MRP of the channels including tax.
I don't understand what is the Ncf for pay channel that u think u r waived off by this method. And u r agree to pay mrp+ gst for pay channel. So what is the benefit???
After selecting the 100 channels at ₹154, your network capacity is over so u need to pay extra 25 + taxes for each 20 channels for network capacity & MRP of 20 channels. So, instead of selecting FTA channels in the basic pack if we'll select pay channels then we'll not need to pay extra NCF.

Last edited:
Having read the pdf, I've got a confusion. Even if I opt for only 1 non-FTA channel, Ten 1 HD for example, I'll have to pay 130+taxes? I read somewhere in the thread 130 is maximum, minimum is zero. But that's not true, right? 130 is the monthly rental.

Having read the pdf, I've got a confusion. Even if I opt for only 1 non-FTA channel, Ten 1 HD for example, I'll have to pay 130+taxes? I read somewhere in the thread 130 is maximum, minimum is zero. But that's not true, right? 130 is the monthly rental.
130 is the maximum. DPO can offer variable NCF to the customers who don't need 100 channels.

Eg. If you select only one channel star sports 1 HD then you need to pay 19+GST+130+GST.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock