Good News TRAI wins the tariff order case against Star in Supreme Court

• Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,725
  • Views: Views 233,317
TRAI rolls out advertisement in today's newspaper.

Pics-Art-01-19-01-33-09.jpg

Future of Multi Connection Systems :-
From last 3 months we are regularly talking and analysing the new TRAI regime and in that order it is now more important and relevant to discuss about the future of Multiroom Connections.
By and in the context of TRAI Rule they have asked the DPOS,LCOS & MSOS to consider every active SET TOP BOX as Separate Connection and henceforth it will be chargable separately.
Now the important issue arrives :-
By the Subscribers Point of View ----
1)Multi (room) Connections are mainly taken by the subscribers either Cable or DTH due to huge discounts offered by the DPOS. Now if the discounts are all demolished on a very fine morning then subscribers will not be interested to continue with that.
2)TRAI have given certain clause that in the Multiroom Connections only the so called bullsh*t NCF can be waived partly or fully by the DPOS. Now consider what will be the margin of the subscribers. If the first package of the STB costs Rs.500/- then the 2nd STB package costs will be Rs.500 - Rs.154 + additional channel NCF say about Rs.40= Rs.306..... No subscribers will be interested in these because say for example at TATA|sky now if 1st STB costs Rs.560+Rs.175=Rs.735/- then the 2nd MRC is available only at Rs.250/- Now calculate the discount offered........
3)Each connection is taken under one Subscriber ID and only 1 Reference Interconnect ID. In the old context the Channels and packages in the 2nd STB run smoothly in ditto according to the 1st STB. In the new regime if now Subscribers wish to take different packages in 2 or 3 separate STBS just fill in the budget then how will it be possible for operating different packages in same Subscriber ID and RI ID?
From DPO LCO MSO point of view ----
1)If Subscribers feel that in virtue of TRAI regime now they will adjust themselves by dropping M R Connection then in the business point of view it will really hurt the most DPOS now. As a LCO & MSO in Kolkata we also feel the same. Because recent approaches by the Subscribers reflects that almost 20% of our valued Customers will drop Multi Connections.
2)How much Discount can be given by us i.e MSOS or DPOS to the subscribers? If the DPOS wish to give 50% discount then the margin to retain the connection will slash down to Rs.40 which will make impossible job for DPOS and MSOS to run their business. We have mailed to TRAI so many times but only one stereo type answer given all the time is "That's your business....You will have to take all that decisions....Non Implementation will enforce penalty" and bla......bla.....bla.......!
3)It is impossible to maintain or activate 2 Different Packages within 1 Subscriber ID and 1 Inter Connection ID (that kept within the DPOs). Again the DPOS have to maintain different STB IDS (STB Numbers + DigiCard No) given to one Subscriber which is very very tough and difficult to work out. All Softwares of the respective DPOS (other than DTHs) are till not so uptodate to maintain huge different IDs and Numbers of the STB of the Customers.
So in short in near Coming days the future of MULTI (ROOM) CONNECTIONS are in deep darkness.......

TRAI is making the way to defeat of NDA Govt. in General Elections 2019. In Airtel Digital TV I have three connections one for me one for my children and one for my Mother and Father. All three are chargeable @ 739.00 (389.00+175.00+175.00) with all major HD channels are on. Now if every connection is treated as saperate connection
then I have to think. For Child connection I may opt DD Free Dish.

mostly zeel will get more films than sun,as Lyca are producing more films at a time compared to sun...
Bro there are some youtube channels,nettv4u & in fb srkollywood,s satellite rights tamil pages and in Twitter say both vantha rajavaga varuven & kaappan rights were bought by sun tv but both movies were produced by LYCA productions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock