Good News TRAI wins the tariff order case against Star in Supreme Court

• Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,725
  • Views: Views 232,565
Yes, I selected the star sports2 hd at ₹ 11, bro 👍😳 But I the supporter of man City. It also sometimes telecast in this one. And I nowadays the fan of young Leroy Sane🔥⚽🔥
Telecast of Premier League fluctuates alot. Star Sports 2 is jst a back up channel. If u want to see Leroy Sane subscribe SS Select 1 atleast

I want to commend Discovery India for pricing their whole bouquet of 8 channels for ₹ 8 only. Everyone should support them by subscribing their Family Pack.
I selected their highest pack, though I watch only few channels just to show support and solidarity. Also commendable is times group, 8 channels (5 HD including movie channels) comes at ~24. Also, don't forget Mazhavil Manorama who made their HD channel free!!

I selected their highest pack, though I watch only few channels just to show support and solidarity. Also commendable is times group, 8 channels (5 HD including movie channels) comes at ~24. Also, don't forget Mazhavil Manorama who made their HD channel free!!

I don't think it makes sense to make it sound like any broadcaster is doing viewers a favor. They are in the business of making money, and according to their calculations they will make more profit by setting prices at these levels. Do not forget the hefty discounts every broadcaster is giving on the bouquets while keeping the à la carte prices just high enough to make it nonsensical to subscribe the channels individually.

I don't think the main point here is the cost of a single channel. It is about the discount which broadcasters are offering their bouquets at. This possibly means they will earn profit even if they charge a lot less for the à la carte offerings.

As per madras High court and SC offering Discount is the right of manufacturer so that ends the dicount discussion

Yes. Me too.

Their content price are also very high, Not to forget Star has invested 22,000 crore on BCCI. So if you are investing that much amount then you should expect more than 25,000 crore in return. so where will it come ? it's our pocket , so it's obvious their chs price will be higher
I agree with the rate of Star Sports channels since their investment is huge.Also we have to pay for it only at matchtime. I want Star to reduce their regional channels price(Suvarna,Asianet etc).Price of infotainment channels are fair.People are blindly blaming only Star.

Last edited:
I agree with the rate of Star Sports channels since their investment is huge.Also we have to pay for it only at matchtime. I want Star to reduce their regional channels price(Suvarna,Asianet etc).Price of infotainment channels are fair.People are blindly blaming only Star.

I feel zee and TV 18 should lower their price as their content is not high value

today changed pack in TS and realized what blunder trai has done. watching tv is so irritating. almost every alternate channel shows warning to subscribe. if subscribed to all major pack then also due to hd sd condition , every alternate channel will be blacked out.

already touched 300rs mark yet missing most of worthy channels. not thankful to trai for giving sh#t of almost 100-200 kabad channels in 153rs. sheer wastage of hard earned 153rs.

Last edited:
today changed pack in TS and realized what blunder trai has done. watching tv is so irritating. almost every alternate channel shows warning to subscribe. if subscribed to all major pack then also due to hd sd condition , every alternate channel will be blacked out.

I think Tata Sky is the one responsible here. It should not be difficult to push a software upgrade to hide all the non-subscribed channels. They probably do not want this since the irritation you mentioned might force the viewers to subscribe to these channels!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock