Good News TRAI wins the tariff order case against Star in Supreme Court

• Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,725
  • Views: Views 231,616
As per madras High court and SC offering Discount is the right of manufacturer so that ends the dicount discussion
Why they are not offering discount on alacarte channel prices. They have intentionally kept rates highest @rs19 per channel and later discounted these channels in bouquet. This is not in favor of cunsumers.

As per madras High court and SC offering Discount is the right of manufacturer so that ends the dicount discussion

I don't think the discussion is over yet. Now DPOs (Tata Sky, Sun Direct, Airtel Digital TV) are making it a point in the ongoing case in the Delhi High Court.

I don't think the discussion is over yet. Now DPOs (Tata Sky, Sun Direct, Airtel Digital TV) are making it a point in the ongoing case in the Delhi High Court.

Dpo case is different in high court, and as supreme court has said discount allowed so no high court can overturn sc decision

Dpo case is different in high court, and as supreme court has said discount allowed so no high court can overturn sc decision
Supreme Court did not say that the discount is allowed. It said, TRAI was too late to get a clarification on the judgment and they have clearly upheld the entire order, including the 15 percent discount rule. So, TRAI should have asked at the time of judgement, if they needed clarity on it, not through another petition. I'm not sure if it was intentional from TRAI to delay this to first get the order implemented and then later force the 15 percent rule.

Supreme Court did not say that the discount is allowed. It said, TRAI was too late to get a clarification on the judgment and they have clearly upheld the entire order, including the 15 percent discount rule. So, TRAI should have asked at the time of judgement, if they needed clarity on it, not through another petition. I'm not sure if it was intentional from TRAI to delay this to first get the order implemented and then later force the 15 percent rule.

Yes and this was wise thiing to do by TRAI, to be waiting for clear ruling on 15% discount cap would have delayed matters further. Now that Tariff Order is under implementation rates will not only come down due to competition but as things get settled TRAI can later file a plea and request for reinstating 15% discount cap on bouquet rule

Please tell me the number of mandatory channels under 130* NCF ?

are we choose remaining 75 channels by pay,fta and bouquets also ? under 130* ncf ?

but most of the dth and cable denied to obey this rule ,they give fta channels on 100 list of channels.

if we will call trai and tell our problem ,then will it be resolve ?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock