Good News TRAI wins the tariff order case against Star in Supreme Court

• Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,725
  • Views: Views 232,142
As per viewership data sourced from a BARC India subscriber, the two T20 matches across nine Star Sports channels clocked 18.99 million average impressions each in the All India (urban and rural) market for the age group of over 2+ years. Average reach of the matches was 53 million.

Impressions are total number of individuals who viewed the match, averaged across minutes. Reach is total number of individuals who viewed the event for at least 1 minute. Incidentally, in the last four home series —West Indies (Nov'2018), Sri Lanka (Dec’2017), New Zealand (Nov’2017) and Australia (Oct ‘2017) — average reach and impressions were much higher. For instance, average impression per match for three T20 matches with West Indies was at 22.31million while reach was 65 million.

New TV tariff regime hits cricket viewership

TRAI's new tariff is allowing to MSO's to legally loot customers. Most of the operators are providing only expensive bouquets with more channels to increase NCF. If you want any specific fta channel of a particular genre you are forced to buy all the FTA channels of the genre increasing the NCF. Sad part is people with no knowledge of this tariff are paying 500-600 for suggestive plans. My grandmother payed 450 for random pay channels.

Last edited:
TRAI's new tariff is allowing to MSO's to legally loot customers. Most of the operators are providing only expensive bouquets with more channels to increase NCF. If you want any specific fta channel of a particular genre you are forced to buy all the FTA channels of the genre increasing the NCF. Sad part is people will no knowledge of this tariff are paying 500-600 for suggestive plans. My grandmother payed 450 for random pay channels.
Same case for me too. My Hathway LCO providing 3/4 basepacks and charging Rs.400 to Rs. 600.

He not even providing option to select Bouquets and Alacarte.

TRAI's new tariff is allowing to MSO's to legally loot customers. Most of the operators are providing only expensive bouquets with more channels to increase NCF. If you want any specific fta channel of a particular genre you are forced to buy all the FTA channels of the genre increasing the NCF. Sad part is people will no knowledge of this tariff are paying 500-600 for suggestive plans. My grandmother payed 450 for random pay channels.
TRAI shall not allow packages, quash additional NCF and only allow la-carte in pay tv and fixed NCF for unlimited channels. Then only new regime will perfectly works.

Same case for me too. My Hathway LCO providing 3/4 basepacks and charging Rs.400 to Rs. 600.

Hathway has all broadcaster's packs, LCO is doing this to reduce his work load.

They should at least provide al-a-carte. Not providing al-a-carte is a clear violation of TRAI guidelines.

As expected ratings are doomed. Forget Jio fiber as it has not launched yet. Who is actually benefiting from this new tariff currently? Nobody but TRAI's chairman. His Ego > Television Viewers.

You will find millions like me who benefited immensely from this tariff order. So stop giving false narrative

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock