Good News TRAI wins the tariff order case against Star in Supreme Court

• Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,725
  • Views: Views 231,493
Sorry this rate 140 is only in tatasky in sun direct for entire IPL it was 44 only Morever we are getting all HD sports channels at 50rs only, trai new tarrif is only benefit for tatasky users or who watches minimal channels

Where in tariff order it was said that All sports chs needs to be priced above Rs 50 ? I am sure Nowhere

You are correct TRAI order is mainly for greedy DPO who were charging too much So TRAI came with rules to safeguard those users. But if an operator was charging less TRAI has not asked them to raise price. That's why TRAI fixed max value and no minimum price of ch.

So operators are free to provide at Rs 50. If operators are not providing then blame them instead of TRAI.

Last edited:
Where in tariff order it was said that All sports chs needs to be priced above Rs 50 ? I am sure Nowhere

You are correct TRAI order is mainly for greedy DPO who were charging too much So TRAI came with rules to safeguard those users. But if an operator was charging less TRAI has not asked them to raise price. That's why TRAI fixed max value and no minimum price of ch.

So operators are free to provide at Rs 50. If operators are not providing then blame them instead of TRAI.
Sorry I was emotionally posted and replied regarding this matter to you it was my fault to say what majority india suffering due to this leave me please🙏

Sorry I was emotionally posted and replied regarding this matter to you it was my fault to say what majority india suffering due to this leave me please🙏

Bro you should also see 2 crore TS user's suffering who were paying too much before this tariff order. Thanks to TRAI we now have a limit beyond which they cannot charge users

Bro you should also see 2 crore TS user's suffering who were paying too much before this tariff order. Thanks to TRAI we now have a limit beyond which they cannot charge users
LOL... For just 2 crore TS users entire nation is suffering... Its not just airtel.. all cable operators and dth operators were providing channels for lesser price. It was only TS who priced the packs for rocket prices..

Edit: This entire exercise is for Jio only... When Jio launches, theyll launch without ncf... Earlier regime it wasn't possible as the discounts were not common for all operators.

Last edited:
There must have been other ways to save TS users from high charges, rather than punishing the other DPO users. Anyway, good for you guys!

LOL... For just 2 crore TS users entire nation is suffering... Its not just airtel.. all cable operators and dth operators were providing channels for lesser price. It was only TS who priced the packs for rocket prices..

Edit: This entire exercise is for Jio only... When Jio launches, theyll launch without ncf... Earlier regime it wasn't possible as the discounts were not common for all operators.

Why not ? These TS users pays same GST as others so govt's job is to treat everyone equal so if TS users suffering then all should suffer ;)

Last edited:
A simple example is the cost of watching IPL before and after tariff order. Earlier for 2 moth IPL one needs to pay 70x2 = 140 rupee but now only 22 x2 = 44. That's a whopping 70% cost reduction
The problem is with the minimum spend. No one could see ipl for ₹140 or ₹44 alone. Earlier the maximum spend to watch ipl was ₹99+₹140 = ₹239 (Many got for below ₹200).Now we need to pay ₹153+ ₹44= ₹197 without fail. So it levels. But the earlier ₹99 pack contained pay channels which is absent now on min spend of ₹153.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock