Good News TRAI wins the tariff order case against Star in Supreme Court

• Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,725
  • Views: Views 231,465
Only issue is that they are no where in current business right now and will not be in next 20 years :p
Let's see. They'll go live by end of this year and start disrupting the market. Independent TV and Sun Direct will close the doors.

Missing my cinema plus sports pack in sun direct.
Now i am paying 390 for the same channels.

The problem is with the minimum spend. No one could see ipl for ₹140 or ₹44 alone. Earlier the maximum spend to watch ipl was ₹99+₹140 = ₹239 (Many got for below ₹200).Now we need to pay ₹153+ ₹44= ₹197 without fail. So it levels. But the earlier ₹99 pack contained pay channels which is absent now on min spend of ₹153.

The price 153+44 which you mentioned is also maximum, it's not minimum as per new rules. Minimum can anything below that figure as per new law. Earlier there was no maximum limit it was left to market force to decide, now there is a max limit beyond which operator cannot charge.

Now see earlier market forced determined maximum was 239 after new rules now maximum is 197. Still unhappy with rules ?

Last edited:
Previous i am able to watch 65 hd channels and free add-on channels at 460rs now it's just 34 hd channels and no free add-on's and u say happy with new rules. It's absolute sh#t.

The price 153+44 which you mentioned is also maximum, it's not minimum as per new rules. Minimum can anything below that figure as per new law. Earlier there was no maximum limit it was left to market force to decide, now there is a max limit beyond which operator cannot charge.
According to me the maximum limit of ₹153 is too high. It should be under ₹100. Or a new slab with about 50 channels should be introduced for a reasonable price.
Now see earlier market forced determined maximum was 239 after new rules now maximum is 197. Still unhappy with rules ?
It's only a minor case and I feel pity for them who paid ₹239 as I paid only ₹99.

Those arguing that the prices went down with TRAI s new rule didn't know how to choose the packs earlier i guess. They were just paying blindly 500s and 600s may be. People seriously paid 140 for 2 channels earlier or are they now using it just to support their view?

Those arguing that the prices went down with TRAI s new rule didn't know how to choose the packs earlier i guess. They were just paying blindly 500s and 600s may be. People seriously paid 140 for 2 channels earlier or are they now using it just to support their view?
Msy be true that people didn't know how to choose earlier including me. I never preferred add-ons earlier and so went for single pack containing the required channels thus ended up paying for unwanted channels. I could have chosen mininum pack and add-ons.

I selected only movies channels and kids channels my new pack 309 before 315 I got all hindi entertainment. How can I reduce my pack? Many person said his package price decrease . Before I paid 300 ₹ for all sd and HD channels at siti cable now I have to pay 361 without any HD channels

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock