• Thread starter Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,725
  • Views Views: Views 235,138
Only upto 100 free to air channels will be Available in 130+tax base pack
So don't ce happy expecting pay channels

Only upto 100 free to air channels will be Available in 130+tax base pack
So don't ce happy expecting pay channels
But TRAI says that now customers will only pay for the channels that they watch.
If they force us to pay for 100 FTA channels then it'll contradict their own statement.

But TRAI says that now customers will only pay for the channels that they watch.
If they force us to pay for 100 FTA channels then it'll contradict their own statement.
This is from TRAI order:

(7) Within the distribution network capacity subscribed, in addition to channels notified by
Central Government to be mandatorily provided to all the subscribers, a subscriber shall be free
to choose any free-to-air channel(s), pay channel(s), or bouquet(s) of channels offered by the
broadcaster(s) or bouquet(s) of channels offered by distributors of television channels or a
combination thereof:
Provided that if a subscriber opts for pay channels or bouquet of pay channels, he shall be
liable to pay an amount equal to sum of distributor retail price(s) for such channel(s) and
bouquets in addition to network capacity fee.

Which means for watching pay channels we still have to pay for the pay channel fee. Network access fee is in addition to that.

All high demand channels will become pay channels, I think.
Only some regional channels, local news channels mainly party channels and devotional channels will remain FTA.

This is from TRAI order:

Which means for watching pay channels we still have to pay for the pay channel fee. Network access fee is in addition to that.
There's too much confusion on this. It'll not be clear till 29 Dec i.e till DTHs & MSOs reveal their basepack details & T&C's.

All high demand channels will become pay channels, I think.
Only some regional channels, local news channels mainly party channels and devotional channels will remain FTA.
Star, Zee, SPN, indiacast, TV Today have already converted their all FTA channels into Pay channels ranging from 0.5 to 5.

Siti Television Network - CableTV submitted their charges model according to TRAIs order long back.

Network Capacity Fee:

RIO Carreige Fee:

Check their website for more details - Siti Networks

I guess this price model provided by STN will reduce our confusion a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom