• Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,725
  • Views: Views 232,660
Master.jpg

Why extra 100 Ncf ?
I feel it's intentionally misinterpreted

I feel it's intentionally misinterpreted

No i think there is some misunderstanding with us in reading tariff order.

I think tariff order says the more we take chs we have to pay more Ncf. So if someone takes 200(whether FTA or pay) SD chs then his total NCF will be RS 130(for initial 100 SD)+ 4x Rs20(Extra 100 chs as NCF of extra 25 chs is RS 20)+ tax = 210+tax

Now if these 200 chs contain any pay chs then their Pay price will add on top of this 210+tax

Ref : Page 8 clause 4 https://www.trai.gov.in/sites/default/files/Tariff_Order_English_3 March_2017.pdf

Now this Rs 210 figure is max value DPO can ask. In most cases it will be lower

Last edited:
As per TRAI regulations, DPOs cannot break the broadcaster bouquet. But what would happen if the DPO does not carry all the channels in the bouquet? Will they offer discounts on the bouquet in that case?
I have the same question, even dth providers not giving all channels in bouquet...

I have the same question, even dth providers not giving all channels in bouquet...

DPO has the option of taking chs as ALC/Pack from broadcaster as Broadcaster is selling in RIO. So DPO can form pack from those ALC as well. But if DPO choose Broadcaster pack then DPO should always carry all chs in that Broadcaster pack

Here is what Star chief says :

On how content will be offered to consumers
I think DPOs will decide that. But we are offering to every DPO a-la-carte content and bouquet content both. It’s the same price to
DTH and cable. It’s a transparent price to all. They can now choose to make their own bouquets by using a-la-carte channels or they
can combine bouquets of different broadcasters. I think that’s the strategy each distributor will dene on its own. The interesting thing
will be from a consumer point of view, you’ll know everything – what’s the a-la-carte price for a channel, what’s the DPO bouquet and
what’s the content bouquet. This kind of transparency has never existed in content business ever before.

Sanjay Gupta on executing the new tariff regime, Star India’s strategy and channel pricing

Last edited:
Can we have pay channels in 1st 100 channels ?? If yes then why 184 separately ??
Exactly my question, what if in first 100 Channels i take PAY and the SD/HD channels i want.

I can just pay the MRP of alacarte/packs of the PAY channels+NCF

No i think there is some misunderstanding with us in reading tariff order.

I think tariff order says the more we take chs we have to pay more Ncf. So if someone takes 200(whether FTA or pay) SD chs then his total NCF will be RS 130(for initial 100 SD)+ 4x Rs20(Extra 100 chs as NCF of extra 25 chs is RS 20)+ tax = 210+tax

Now if these 200 chs contain any pay chs then their Pay price will add on top of this 210+tax

Ref : Page 8 clause 4 https://www.trai.gov.in/sites/default/files/Tariff_Order_English_3 March_2017.pdf

Now this Rs 210 figure is max value DPO can ask. In most cases it will be lower
Agreed, NCF is for initial 100 channels is capped at 130, further amount for further slabs, but the image in the article is showing 130 for hundred channels and then 184 for pay, where they've counted 93 channels, but those 93 can be subscribed in the network capacity of 100 itself (If there aren't more than 7 channels which are mandatory). Also the sports pack for SPSN is 39, while in 49, Star package includes SS1Hindi, SS2, SS3, SS First

Now I understanding, Network capacity fee will apply for both fta and pay channels. After selecting channels they will add ncf +GST.
If we choose 50fta and 60 pay channels then, ncf will come 130 for first 100 channels+20 for next 10 channels. If we select HD channels then one HD is calculated as 2 channels for ncf calculation.

Last edited:
Agreed, NCF is for initial 100 channels is capped at 130, further amount for further slabs, but the image in the article is showing 130 for hundred channels and then 184 for pay, where they've counted 93 channels, but those 93 can be subscribed in the network capacity of 100 itself (If there aren't more than 7 channels which are mandatory). Also the sports pack for SPSN is 39, while in 49, Star package includes SS1Hindi, SS2, SS3, SS First

Yes you are absolutely correct. For 93 pay chs 130 NCF is enough. No need extra 4 slab of NCF which cost extra 100 rupee. Actually they have calculated for 193 chs in which 100 FTA + 93 pay chs. Then we need that exta 100 NCF

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock