Good News TRAI wins the tariff order case against Star in Supreme Court

• Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,725
  • Views: Views 232,682
Yes you are absolutely correct. For 93 pay chs 130 NCF is enough. No need extra 4 slab of NCF which cost extra 100 rupee. Actually they have calculated for 193 chs in which 100 FTA + 93 pay chs. Then we need that exta 100 NCF
If you select HD channels, one channel will treated as 2 channel for ncf calc

Exactly my question, what if in first 100 Channels i take PAY and the SD/HD channels i want.

I can just pay the MRP of alacarte/packs of the PAY channels+NCF

Here is calculation for you. Lets say you only want Star's HD premium of 22 HD chs of Rs 120. You cost will be Rs 130 NCF(goes to DPO)+ 120 for pay (Goes to broadcaster)+ Tax(goes to GST). Now out of your allocated capacity of 100 SD chs or 50 HD chs you have taken only 22 HD. SO you can add 56 SD FTA chs for rest of you capacity for free

Last edited:
MS Dhoni also done ad for Star Channels .. now ad running in on Star Sports Channels :)

All the adds running are saying "please subscribe before 29th December". What is the meaning of this and how can we subscribe?

So now fta channels purely become Ala carte. They cannot bundle with pay channels. Basepack also not required because 130 for ncf only. Dpos can given only pay channels bundle. If they given fta add-on for zero price with unwanted channels, no one will take. How dths sell the naptol and homeshop channels?

Last edited:
Guys!! Why You all are unnecessarily over thinking about the pricing structure. It Should be DTHs who needs to be worried.

ADTV assured that they are working on new basepacks and addons under Trai order. They said the new packs will be affordable as current ones. Similarly with other DTHs too.

Let's just happily wait till Dec 29th and see the clear picture😊

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock