• Thread starter manig
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 52
  • Views: Views 8,419
Status
Not open for further replies.

manig

Reaction score
I am slowly making the shift from Videocon d2h to TataSky. I had 5 d2h HD connections. Now I have four d2H and one TataSky HD (installed two weeks ago).

Here is a comparison I would like to make:

Pros:
- More HD channels  :hd :tup

Cons:
- TataSky HD has only 1080i (interlaced scan) whereas d2H stb's have both 1080i and 1080p (progressive) output. On my LG 49" LED every HD channel in TataSky has a judder effect. This was not an issue on d2H with 1080p.

- The UI (user interface) of TS is ages old. I was using TataSky 4 years ago and its still the same UI. Whereas d2H has much better UI and they keep on updating it.

- Favorite channel numbers on TataSky can not be changed easily, every new favorite channel goes to last number. Whereas in d2h its very easy to change favorite channel numbers by shifting them up or down in UI.

- You can lock home channels on d2H so every time you  boot the STB, it does not show home channel but the last channel you were watching before you turned off the STB.

- The remote of TS is OK but d2h has RF remote, much better and slicker.

- No USB recording.

- No Component Output.

Overall I am happy with TS as getting more HD channels but I also miss the quality of d2h STBs. I wish I could use d2H STB for viewing TataSky HD.  :shy

What...!!!! do you like the buggy 3rd quality d2h stb...:huh

Among the Six DTH operators, Tata Sky have the best UI & Hardware...

And FYI you will not get the real 1080p because it needs more bandwidth...:k

Rushil.D said:
same here :damn

D2h STBs are worst and buggy :s

The main reason I throw the d2h STB...:angry

Still thinking how UI of D2H is better than Tatasky. In case of airtel i can figure out some points but in case of d2h am speechless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock