Vijay TV further pushed down in SCV, proceeding to a fate like PT & Polimer?

if the analog is going to be just sun tv channels let them give it for free to chennai. why should someone pay 100RS!!!

Satvijay said:
thanks for the update.. will update you tonite on the scv digital status

I heard that channels wont be listed as tamil channels if they are moved away, dunno how far this is true. Does channel placement bring any advantage or disadvantage in Digital, ?

pearlpearl said:
I heard that channels wont be listed as tamil channels if they are moved away, dunno how far this is true. Does channel placement bring any advantage or disadvantage in Digital, ?

They are still listed in the tamil channel group. on LCN 127..
channel placement does make a difference.. the quality of the channel changes once its moved to different location, not sure of the technical side of it ,as i really dont know if uhf and vhf band is still used in digital. as of now rajmusic raj news and imayam are placed in some odd location where it will not be in the sequnce of the tamil channel. vijay tv location is undisturbed as such in digital. only time can answer if it will be there or moved out.

Satvijay said:
They are still listed in the tamil channel group. on LCN 127..
channel placement does make a difference.. the quality of the channel changes once its moved to different location, not sure of the technical side of it ,as i really dont know if uhf and vhf band is still used in digital. as of now rajmusic raj news and imayam are placed in some odd location where it will not be in the sequnce of the tamil channel. vijay tv location is undisturbed as such in digital. only time can answer if it will be there or moved out.

Ok, i believed in these MSO/LCO people when they said channel placement wont make a difference as in DAS it will be uniform from the first to the last. They storied emerged that the more compression the poor the clarity. These people seem to use all limitations to their benefit.

One good thing in placing vijay tv pushed down to last ,
Now am able to see all channels in UHF band with atmost clarity.
Raj News and Raj music alone with slight grains.
Vijay tv with good clarity.(no grains)
Seems after vijay pushed down last, most ppls in my area forced lco to increase the UHF band frequency.

sathishbabu4u said:
One good thing in placing vijay tv pushed down to last ,
Now am able to see all channels in UHF band with atmost clarity.
Raj News and Raj music alone with slight grains.
Vijay tv with good clarity.(no grains)
Seems after vijay pushed down last, most ppls in my area forced lco to increase the UHF band frequency.
if the LCO do it its good. else difficult

The technologies arrived in the year 1999-01 like mobile networks, broadband, etc have come down to a reasonable price (both instruments & monthly fee).

But this STBs invaded after 2001, haven't comes to reasonable price till now..

Now we are paying 100Rs for less than 50channels with no entertainment in it..:angry
Apart from movies now,pix we dont have anything special in it.
Even ten cricket hv been given only during match hours..
My LCO is happier with SCV and he will change to another MSO only after the entire chennai change...

ARASU is the only hope now..:damn

Especially in chennai, something needs to happen bigger to get out of this worse situation...:angry
I'm still stick with SCV analog by finally tuned back vijay tv..

I really don't know , why chennai digitization awaiting for Arasu.
Without Arasu itself, chennai can easily move on to digitilization with around 10 licensed MSOs.
With healthier competition , price will surely come down.
SCV and Arasu alone have the monopoly..

sathishbabu4u said:
I really don't know , why chennai digitization awaiting for Arasu.
Without Arasu itself, chennai can easily move on to digitilization with around 10 licensed MSOs.
With healthier competition , price will surely come down.
SCV and Arasu alone have the monopoly..

I think it would have for any other the other 9 MSO's to challenge a monopoly other than Arasu. So unless Arasu takes over or some other strong MSO enters there wont be much change in Chennai MSO and the only thing LCO can do is to delay DAS as long as possible to save their remaining subscribers.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock