Seeking Help What gives Tata Sky consent to keep tabs on what I watch?

The Lonelier Island

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
I did factory reset yesterday. Still the most watched channels were same. Tata Sky's job here is to provide service. Not put us in trouble. The problem will be with news channel. I don't want anyone visiting to know what news channels I watch. It makes people want to judge me which is my personal problem.

Meanwhile they should have given us option to opted out. Maybe they just wants to wave goodbye to privacy conscious customers.

I did factory reset yesterday. Still the most watched channels were same. Tata Sky's job here is to provide service. Not put us in trouble. The problem will be with news channel. I don't want anyone visiting to know what news channels I watch. It makes people want to judge me which is my personal problem.

Meanwhile they should have given us option to opted out. Maybe they just wants to wave goodbye to privacy conscious customers.
I think this is a feature many would be requesting. Should be raised with the TataSky team.

If it's against rules then TRAI would step in. But it looks like it's as per rules

There was news that stb across dpo would have this features

If it's against rules then TRAI would step in. But it looks like it's as per rules

There was news that stb across dpo would have this features
I don't care if it's against TRAI's rules or not. My service provider didn't took my consent while collecting my tv viewing patterns. No responsible company's does that. Even online apps like Spotify and Google has private mode and provides option to opted out of such data collecting service.

Last edited:
I don't care if it's against TRAI's rules or not. My service provider didn't took my consent while collecting my tv viewing patterns. No responsible company's does that. Even online apps like Spotify and Google has private mode and provides option to opted out of such data collecting service.

Pls read the terms and conditions and subscription contract.

I can remember that a few years back someone on this forum posted that DTH companies gather data from STBs like what channels we watch and for how much time.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock