Which is better ? Tatasky or videocon

Karthik

Contributor
Reaction score
To help the ddf friends and to get more reviews from our experts, i am creating this thread. Pls no arguments and fights.
Thanks.

Karthik bhai no doubt videocon d2h is best bcz of their regular channel addition and their fast services.

yes d2h is far better then tata sky its proved :tup

well why doi u all forget that tata sky is in deep space problem due to isro but still they provide all popular channels as well as add channels frequently. they also show so many hd events in hd whereas other operators have space but still dont provide it. so dont say tata sky is bad,they give great cust care, aftersales,hd channels and will sure give all missing channels once space issue is resolved. videocon overcompresses channels while tata sky does not do that even if they have to remove a ch to add a new one
videocon is very good too in aftersales but their cust care is worst,dumb people have been made to sit there, talk once and u will know, even hd channels in videocon r compressed a lot more than tata sky. it is only now that videocon has started focussing on improving quality which they ignored. regarding hardware/ software too, videocon is far behind tata sky, videocon stb's r of very cheap quality whereas tata sky stb r far superior interms of quality as well as features

videocon d2hd2h gives hd stb at same price of that of tata sky hd dtb but in d2h as hardware cost for company is low due to cheap box make, they include two months package cost in total cos and to b public it is made to believe that they r giving free package which is not true

tata sky stb quality is good which is why it costs 2600 rs and no free viewing is given infact tata sky gets box at high price and give subsidised stb to customers.this again proves tata sky's preference to give quality rather than quantity. despite harsh public reactions, tata sky has maintained that they stand for quality and they dont believe in luring customers by giving freebies and decreasing stb quality to manage costs

after using d2h.i am impressed with its chanel addation.but TS have better video n audio quality.TS graphis are far better than d2h.n d2h is cheaper.

@mazar my friend videocon have better audio and video quality bcz they are using mpeg-4,dvb s-2 technology .while tata sky have mpeg-2 technology .

Ravi budhwar1 said:
@mazar my friend videocon have better audio and video quality bcz they are using mpeg-4,dvb s-2 technology .while tata sky have mpeg-2 technology .

@ Ravi; this is a very common misconception that MPEG4 has better clarity than MPEG2,but this is not the case.

From Wikipedia:
MPEG-4 is a method of defining compression of audio and visual (AV) digital data. It was introduced in late 1998 and designated a standard for a group of audio and video coding formats and related technology agreed upon by the ISO/IEC Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG) (ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11) under the formal standard ISO/IEC 14496 – Coding of audio-visual objects. Uses of MPEG-4 include compression of AV data for web (streaming media) and CD distribution, voice (telephone, videophone) and broadcast television applications.

MPEG-4 provides the following functions:

Improved coding efficiency over MPEG-2[citation needed]
Ability to encode mixed media data (video, audio, speech)
Error resilience to enable robust transmission
Ability to interact with the audio-visual scene generated at the receiver

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock