Discussion Why can't HD channels survive in India?

Technomantra

Reaction score
Now these days where every people wants 4k channels in other countries but still in India hd channels could not doing good bussiness in last few months lots of good hd channels has shutdown due to not doing good popularity....the India where population around 130 cr but still we has only less then 100 hd channels where leading distribution company having only 91 hd channels..I creating this thread on discuss on that trouble situation..still we want many hd channels which are launched but still there not available on major distribution platform like tatasky , airtel , and siti cable..

Now these days where every people wants 4k channels in other countries but still in India hd channels could not doing good bussiness in last few months lots of good hd channels has shutdown due to not doing good popularity....the India where population around 130 cr but still we has only less then 100 hd channels where leading distribution company having only 91 hd channels..I creating this thread on discuss on that trouble situation..still we want many hd channels which are launched but still there not available on major distribution platform like tatasky , airtel , and siti cable..
india has just began testing of subscription models. soon or less we can see people migrate to HD

I think it's because of NTO.
Because before NTO , HD channels from different broadcasters were clubbed together in cheaper packs. I had subscribed to about 10 HD channels myself . But after NTO now I have just one HD channel and my pack is more costly even with SD channels.

You see I had subscribed to 7 HD Hollywood channels from different broadcasters in Airtel in 45 rs. And this NCF thing has also made the packs more costly. If I choose those channels now It's gonna be way more costly now.

So people are trying to reduce costs and they are sacrificing HD quality over it.

This is my view

Most of Indian people are busy in earning their bread and butter... They have lesser time for watching tv... They watch only for 1 hour... They are happy with SD..
Secondly NTO is the cause of lesser number of HD channels..
Third the moment HD channels were introduced in Indian market people moved to OTT platforms..
Fourth people have only HD Ready tv so they are happy with SD...

There are many reasons for this problem
1.The HD Channels reach is low in India.Majority of Indians still prefer SD Channels over HD because of old TV Boxes.
2.Marketing and Pricing of HD channels is just too bad in India.The Broadcasters do not market their channels well as well as less concern is taken Reaching the Audience example &xplor HD,Gemini Music HD and ETV HD Channels.
3.Ads on HD channels are equal to that of SD channels.This makes the Channel feel less premium and make the pricing of the channel not justifiable.The Broadcasters should make sure they justify the channel by reducing the ads and making the content premium.
4.Some South HD channels like Sun Network do not show all the content on their channels in FHD.Movies that are old are not replaced on the HD feed and the channel is filled with Ads as equal to SD Feed.This makes to lose interest in the channel.

I blame ridiculously priced bouquets. SD bouquets are very cheaply priced. While HD bouquets are ridiculously expensive. Most people don't have time to go find and add each channels individually. Hence, they stick to cheap DPO packs.
Star is the biggest culprit here they don't even have a sports only pack in HD due to that i have to subscribe on a la carte 🤦🏻

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock