Discussion Why can't HD channels survive in India?

where there is quality ur have too pay for it its simple....HD channels are basic need... most broadcasters are downgrading HD channels too SD and showing it (most channels) and quality of SD channels are just pathetic cant even watch......for eg if star plus Sd channel is rs19 even HD channel is rs19 i would any day go for HD channel.....here people are complaining channels pricing being expensive content cost maters Star is giving good quality shows across all genres for that they are charging where as if u compare it with zee their show middle or lower class people shows with not much cost on sets and still charging same as star....internationally price of channels are way high then what pricing are in India and what content we get and ya one more thig if i want too watch IPL leagally on tv here in middle east which is available on beinsports it will cost me rs1500 for one month for that particular channel which shows live ipl and in india its only rs22
You can watch free of cost IPL in yahsat which is of full signal in middle east

Channels in HD only:
&xplor
&prive
Disney International
MN+

Are there any more?

Also, any channel which launched in both HD and SD at the same time?

Zee Keralam and Zee Keralam HD
Also Star World Premiere HD and Star Movies Select HD
So &xplor is the only Hindi one which is HD-only. And it is a movie channel.

They should launch a GEC channel which is HD-only targeted at upper class people. They can put shows similar to OTT platforms on the channel like Breathe, Sacred Games, Scam 1992 etc.

So &xplor is the only Hindi one which is HD-only. And it is a movie channel.

They should launch a GEC channel which is HD-only targeted at upper class people. They can put shows similar to OTT platforms on the channel like Breathe, Sacred Games, Scam 1992 etc.
Already Star tried Web Shows on TV with Hostages during Lockdown, but sadly it got very low TRP.

they have too show adds too cover cost of the channel in country like India where people crib to pay rs19..... premium channels in India will cost like rs150-rs200 per channel which would be add free which no one will pay so premium channels in India would be like a dream

Buddy , only subscription dependent revenue model would not work in India. At best niche chs can afford to keep subscription to ad ratio little better.
Also what Roy bhai is trying to say is that if they r willing to give chs at lower price in bouquet then there should b similar strategy for individual chs pricing (with somewhat max 20 % increase). Just pushing unnecessary chs thru bouquet is not right. Broadcasters need to have confidence in content and pass it on to us at correct pricing

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock