Seeking Help Xstream box automatically rebooting while watching TV channels

• Thread starter gane14
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 33
  • Views: Views 53,828
Hey Folks,

Need some help. MY Airtel Xstream box keeps rebooting itself within every 3 or 4 seconds. It was working fine till yesterday. I have tried factory reset of the box by pressing and holding the front Big button. Its lockdown time and ths box ditched me. i dont wanna go crazy in my apartment.
Request you all to provide some input regarding this issue.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Folks,

Need some help. MY Airtel Xstream box keeps rebooting itself within every 3 or 4 seconds. It was working fine till yesterday. I have tried factory reset of the box by pressing and holding the front Big button. Its lockdown time and ths box ditched me. i dont wanna go crazy in my apartment.

Thanks in advance
You have to factory reset using the settings menu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Folks,

Thanks in advance
For factory reset, you need to go settings and use reset option under android settings option. I do not think front big button can be used for factory reset. Alternatively bottom of the box you need to use pen to similar thing to long press button for factory reset but using menu is best way. Please note that once you do factory reset, you need to contact Airtel support to configure your mobile no. in your box without which Xtreme apps will not work like movies. But D2H channels will work as usual. Hope it helps.

HI,

I in my xstream box, front button is used to do the factory reset. i got the menu saying reboot system now, factory data reset, recovery logs and install android update. Still no luck

Ohhh...looks like your xtreme box is having technical issue if while initialising itself it is getting reboot. You need to contact airtel support team to get the box replaced.

Guys need some help here on the same lines:
I did a factory reset and seems like that auto jumping to home screen issue is fixed but I am seeing that a lot of the DTH channels are now missing, some are giving B001 error and few are just showing a blank screen. I have set the TP to best available signal strength and quality. I live in a apartment so one dish is used for multiple apartments.
In the older STB models there was an option to select LNB type as Unicable but I can't seem to find that in this Xtreme box. Can anyone help? I have tried factory reset now 2 times and the same set of channels are missing (actually majority of them are missing) I tried to use the HR method but no help there too.

Thanks,

I had the same issue. A Airtel Technician told me to 'reset channels' under Settings. Once you do this, STB will reboot and open up installation menu again. After confirming, channels are reinstalled. I tried this and didn't see any issue. Will post here if issue reoccurs.
Hi,
I have the same issue. But it is asking for a 4 digit PIN. Any idea?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock