Breaking TV Monthly bills drop down under new rules :TRAI Chairman R S Sharma

• Thread starter jakab
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 120
  • Views: Views 20,785
Well i think, your village cable operator will probably illegally relay feeds using signal boost. Don't know how far he can go with this as eventually the authorities will know about this and this will be the end of his cable business.

Who is there to challenge Arasu which is a govt run enterprise? Max they can do is to go to court and it will drag on forever. If all the cable operators follow Arasu and DAS goes on the back wind then probably TRAI will get some idea about the real picture on the ground.

He is trying to make more money in quick time. Now DTH and cable TV are at same price. I really wonder if still someone choose Cable TV over a DTH connection
Cable is still too much cheaper than DTH.

In my area, our LCO used to give each & every SD channels of all languages at just 175/month. Now, he takes just 200/month for all Hindi GEC, movies, news, music, kids, few eng entertainment & movies, Discovery, NGC, History, Animal Planet, Sony BBC Earth, TLC, Animal Planet, FTA regional channels & sports channels keeps on changing as per the events.

Here, people are moving back to cable from DTHs & you're wondering. For general public, good picture quality doesn't matter. They want more in less which cable TV is giving. Here's no issue of signal also because electricity is available for almost 23 hours.

Are you getting all the required channels? How much is the cost?
Sun tv , Ktv ,Star vijay , vijay super, Zee tamil , Colors tamil , star sports tamil , sony ten1 ,polimer , polimer news , thanthi tv , puthiya thalaimurai , news j , siripoli , kalaignar tv , isaiaruvi,murasu ,podhigai ,nick , hungama, sahana tv and local channels for 100 rupees per month .

Last edited:
Sun tv , Ktv ,Star vijay , vijay super, Zee tamil , Colors tamil , star sports tamil , sony ten1 ,polimer , polimer news , thanthi tv , puthiya thalaimurai , news j , siripoli , kalaignar tv , isaiaruvi,murasu ,podhigai ,nick , hungama, sahana tv and local channels for 100 rupees per month .

No Eng movies, news etc? Yet, for 100 these channels does look better. While using Analogue i had fewer channels and this list looks good for basic pack and for those who watch only Tamil and sports. :)

My monthly bills dropped and so the channels. No Star and Sony for me.Cannot afford to pay 800 Rs month for seeing all the channels which were available for 600/-.

Trai coming New Regulations
News in paper
ZjS7cPZ.jpg

Trai coming New Regulations
News in paper
ZjS7cPZ.jpg

Current regulation were drafted in 2016 and implemented in 2019 so if they starting draft now then new regulation will come only in 2022 if they are going for complete overhaul but if they go with amendment and inclusion of few more clause like bring that 85% rule then it may be sooner than that

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock