DTH updates Airtel gives FTA channels without NCF

• Thread starter Thread starter Anup Tiwari
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 410
  • Views Views: Views 76,130
Yeah, that's why I said, currently. And I'm sure Airtel will come up with lucrative plans not only for Multi-TV, but also for Primary.

Not charging NCF on secondary alone should be pretty much enough to provide the discount IMO. No need to absorb any channel cost discount. Need to do some calculations though. We all know TS is not that stupid to absorb so much cost themselves and benefit customers.

I read many posts in tata sky section that they r calculating multi tv cost slab only on basis of total pay channel subscription amount on primary stb, NCF isn't included for this purpose. It surprised me too. :)

Ncf price is not reduced.

After removing all my active bouquets still my NFC is 153 only for fta channels.

See the screenshot

There was a misunderstanding that NCF is reduced. It's only reduced for secondary connection. Read all the posts it'll be clear.

By the way, airtel has not yet released the muti tv policy officially & regarding plans they've clearly said that they're in process of launching more packs of less price.

They will get 20% of pay chs subscription anyway

Arre bro, if they give all channels on multi tv without keeping any profit margin then won't their revenue slide down? Look if one has subscribed to Rs. 200 worth of pay channels on primary then in this case tata sky is charging Rs. 150 for multi tv subscription. Giving 50 discount means forfeiting 20% share from DRP/MRP + even small part of inventive they will get on basis of reach and placement of channels. Has tata sky turned so generous?

Arre bro, if they give all channels on multi tv without keeping any profit margin then won't their revenue slide down? Look if one has subscribed to Rs. 200 worth of pay channels on primary then in this case tata sky is charging Rs. 150 for multi tv subscription. Giving 50 discount means forfeiting 20% share from DRP/MRP + even small part of inventive they will get on basis of reach and placement of channels. Has tata sky turned so generous?

You are missing broadcasters discount. Multitv mean more penetration so dpo is elligible for 40% discount on broadcasting MRP. So star 49 pack cost 49 for primary connection but it costs 20 I guess for multiple connection.

It's like getting discount when you order in bulk numbers. Regarding ts financial out of 200 they will get 40 for each connection + 130 ncf.

Last edited:
You are missing broadcasters discount. Multitv mean more penetration so dpo is elligible for 40% discount on broadcasting MRP. So star 49 pack cost 49 for primary connection but it costs 20 I guess for multiple connection.

It's like getting discount when you order in bulk numbers. Regarding ts financial out of 200 they will get 40 for each connection + 130 ncf.

Brother 40% broadcaster discount is given by no one. Channel penetration and placement discount is not more than 10 or 15% max in total. Last i checked on Star website this was the case. Plus there r many parameters to be met and near impossible to get max benefit for any operator

Brother 40% broadcaster discount is given by no one. Channel penetration and placement discount is not more than 10 or 15% max in total. Last i checked on Star website this was the case. Plus there r many parameters to be met and near impossible to get max benefit for any operator
There are 4 type of discount so multiply 4 with your 10/15 discount

Im also getting some FTA channels without subscription

Channel currently fta on adtv boxes.

Dd chandana
Prajaa tv kannada
Public tv
Nt4
Dd sapthagiri
Dd Malayalam
Nt3
Dd podhigai
Nt2
Dd bangla
Satsang
Divya tv
Dd bihar
Bhojpuri cinema
Dabangg
Dangal
Dd north east
Rang
Dd kashir
Dd urdu
Dd odia
Dd girnar
Dd Punjabi
Pitaara
Dd sahyadri
Maiboli
Masthii
Dd gyandarshan
Dd madhya pradesh
Dd rajasthan
Rs tv
Ls tv
Dd news
Dd up
Tiranga tv
Republic tv
R bharat
India tv
Abp news
Dd sports
Nt1
Dd kisan
Dd bharati
Dd India
Dd national
Enterr 10
The Qyou
Shop cj
Home shop 18.

BTW Dd channel fta info already shared here.

DDF Exclusive - DD pack currently FTA on ADTV
Bro what does this mean?
Now if I remove the rest channels I don't have to pay anything???
Then for which channels they are charging ₹153?

This post is also on Telecom Talk website. It was posted 6 hours ago.

Mod Note: Edited

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom