Airtel SD DVR updated to release 450. HDMI port disabled.Pics Added.

Reaction score
Today out of the blue my Airtel digital tv SD DVR (NOT HD , the old SD one) got upgraded to Release 450 with the new interface and settings for catchup and VOD. tottaly unexpected!

On a major negative note , the HDMI port has just stopped working and now the aspect ratio settings is locked to SD. (component isnt working as well , but that didnt use to work before as well).
Can anybody who has an sd dvr confirm whether airtel has really disabled the hdmi port or its a coincidence that my hdmi port has stopped working just as the box was updated.

(Off topic : been a long time off dream dth , but good to be back again)

PICTURES attached.

RE: Airtel SD DVR updated to release 450. HDMI port disabled.

Welcome back with another excellent update. Good to see they have updated ADTV SD DVR too which is discontinued model now.

yeah but the HDMI port has stopped working which has just compelled me to now either buy a new HD DVR and spend 6000 rupees more or live with SD for now, which is a big problem.!!!! :/ :/

Isn't there any exchange offer for your SD DVR STB?

Yeah , they were offering to exchange it to the HD DVR for 4999. But that still would be 5 K lost , as earlier it was easily working as a spare HD recorder!
But on a positive note , the new interface is miles , miles ahead of the old one and this is maybe an indication that they are going to launch PDL services soon ??
maybe , !!!

Good that the UI is improved now. Yes the old SD DVR's which was available on 2010 was costly that time with low HDD capacity.

Now i am thinking of maybe getting a Videcon HD DVR (the new 500 gb one which has been leaked , if it actually does exist) so that my HD DVR review can be complete !

ForceRaikkonen said:
Now i am thinking of maybe getting a Videcon HD DVR (the new 500 gb one which has been leaked , if it actually does exist) so that my HD DVR review can be complete !

Yes, still they have not announced anything about it, but some members have seen it and it will launch soon. You can discuss in this thread for now: http://dreamdth.com/Thread-Breaking-News-Videocon-Launches-new-D2h-HD-DVR-500-GB

Well for now , can anyone confirm about the HDMi port in the SD DVR , has it really been disabled ?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock