DDF Exclusive Airtel Xstream Box Hands On! Review

• Thread starter k2max6
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 425
  • Views: Views 130,607
yes price is still ₹3108. Prefer Xstream stick if you think your DTH service provider is better than Airtel DTH... Airtel DTH subscriber can go for upgrade.. A small price change can be seen in festival season... example upgrade at ₹1999 or ₹1799 with Extra 10% Cashback offer from Airtel bank offer.
I'm currently with DishTV & they don't have 4k support on their boxes & neither they launched any hybrid box...So, I am shifting from DishTV to AirTel because of the better image & sound quality, better hardware & android support on Xstream box...Though there are no 4K channels in India now but Xstream will upscale them to 4K which will definitely look much better than the normal 1080i picture I get on my DishTV...

I'm an AirTel prepaid customer but not their DTH customer so the upgrade option doesn't apply to me but being an AirTel Thanks customer, I won't have to pay 999/- for the Xstream contents...

A big congo to all who purchased but I still find it criminal to give dual core processor in today's time in name of 4K. This is old wine in new bottle. If one only has to go for these boxes then i think the one jio is giving is far better than this. Airtel always do these kind of cheap things.

A big congo to all who purchased but I still find it criminal to give dual core processor in today's time in name of 4K. This is old wine in new bottle. If one only has to go for these boxes then i think the one jio is giving is far better than this. Airtel always do these kind of cheap things.
Talking about cheap stuff, Jio did the cheapest thing in their Giga fiber which no one is interested to buy...100 Mbps speed & 100 GB FUP at 825/...After FUP, the speed is only 1 Mbps... :ROFLMAO:

I finish the quota of 100 GB in 3-5 days...My local broadband provider gives me 80 Mbps with no FUP @700... :ROFLMAO:

Plus people can only get an unknown Chinese brand's 24" TV re-branded to Jio...And this 24" 720P TV too will be given to those who will buy a 2 year Gold plan in advance which costs 1000 rupees per month...Big time failed attempt by Jio to loot customers...

Many people's dream of getting a free 4K TV alongwith all plans got ruined by Jio lol... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
First of all I am not saying to go for jio setup box as I only use fire tv and is more than happy with it. I am saying jio setup box is better than airtel one. Overall, any of these do not provide live tv, then no use and better options are there. Now as far as price is concerned, Jio already feeling heat of it and I am pretty much sure around time time of Diwali or even before that, we may see some very good plans from them as currently no one is going to buy it and they would try to sustain.

First of all I am not saying to go for jio setup box as I only use fire tv and is more than happy with it. I am saying jio setup box is better than airtel one. Overall, any of these do not provide live tv, then no use and better options are there. Now as far as price is concerned, Jio already feeling heat of it and I am pretty much sure around time time of Diwali or even before that, we may see some very good plans from them as currently no one is going to buy it and they would try to sustain.
Airtel already provides Live TV for their THANKS customers...

If you are an AirTel Thanks customer, go here https://www.airtelxstream.in/, login with OTP & start watching channels for free...The Xstream subscription alongwith LiveTv are free for AirTel Thanks customers...For others, with the purchase of the box, this 999/- plan per year will come as free offer for the first year...2nd year onward, if you want to continue watching Live TV, you will need to pay @ 999/- per year...For the first year, Airtel is giving it completely free even for non-Airtel customers...

The above site can also be opened on mobile browser & in any browser which you will install on any TV box...

The Xstream app is also there on Playstore to watch LiveTv if anyone doesn't want to use the browser to watch channels...

Last edited:
That I know and in fact i discussed it here many days ago but not all feeds are here and no live from setup box. So u still need to pay extra for cable tv that is where my issue is. For both jio and airtel, it is required as otherwise just for only OTT, we have many better alternatives than these and also it is better to buy independent setup box or stick for OTT as u can watch free live tv with that as well..also since u already have one, than try to download some app for live tv and see if they work here

That I know and in fact i discussed it here many days ago but not all feeds are here and no live from setup box. So u still need to pay extra for cable tv that is where my issue is. For both jio and airtel, it is required as otherwise just for only OTT, we have many better alternatives than these and also it is better to buy independent setup box or stick for OTT as u can watch free live tv with that as well..also since u already have one, than try to download some app for live tv and see if they work here
Yes if anyone don't want to recharge every month & they are happy with the LiveTV & not interested in DTH channels, these hybrid boxes are not for them...They are better off going for a cheap android box...People can also go for Mi Box S, Fire Stick or nVidia Shield (if they can afford that) if they also want a google certificated device with full Google Assistant,Netflix & Amazon Prime support...Otherwise, for normal LiveTV watching, even the cheapest android box will do with a good free LiveTV app...

P.S. I am still seeing the pricing as 3108/- both on the desktop as well as mobile version...

P1PyOaK.jpg
Bro, the price is still 3999.
After you select this Plan with 3108, click next after providing your contact details, final price on payment summary page will show 3999 which includes installation charges, 1 month dth pack and other charges.

Last edited:
I'm not buying right now...I have an active DishTV plan which will end on 28th of this month...Then I will switch to AirTel...And yes both FLipkart & Amazon will be giving discounts on cards in October/November...Currently both AZ & FK are providing 5% cashback on HDFC debit cards (so flat 200/- cashback is available right now on both AZ & FK) but in Oct/Nov, I think they may also provide 10% discount... :)

I will have to buy it at the end of this month or in the first week of next month anyways as I won't be recharging my DishTV...
Why do not you try Dish TV smart stick for Rs599 DishSMRT Stick: DishTV Smart Stick for Unlimited Entertainment

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock