DDF Exclusive Airtel Xstream Box Hands On! Review

• Thread starter k2max6
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 425
  • Views: Views 130,468
I own Airtel internet TV box and other than rebranding to Xtream I don't see any difference from earlier box, yet. However, earlier box had old generation dual core processor and graphics with 2 gb RAM and only 8 gb storage. Though ram and storage remains same, it is still not clear whether new box has upgraded the chipset (CPU / graphics). If there is no significant upgrade in this department, new box is as good (or bad) as older one. I hope Airtel has improved hardware on this model and UI is smooth and lag free.

Last edited:
Update
Sideloading Works

EPG

More from Prime Video

Audio Language can be changed from the overview screen.

In playback support for subtitles
Do you also see an option somewhere to toggle Audio between "Dolby Digital" and "Stereo"?

Do you also see an option somewhere to toggle Audio between "Dolby Digital" and "
Prime provides 5.1 audio if a Home Theatre is connected. I don’t know which sound format it provides to the tv in the absence of a home theatre although I assume it may provide Dolby digital to tvs which can decode it.
I just saw the option on the firestick you are talking about.(Audio - Stereo/ Dolby Digital Plus) Its not there.
If it helps these are the android settings for Sound. Just in case

Manual

Prime provides 5.1 audio if a Home Theatre is connected. I don’t know which sound format it provides to the tv in the absence of a home theatre although I assume it may provide Dolby digital to tvs which can decode it.
I just saw the option on the firestick you are talking about.(Audio - Stereo/ Dolby Digital Plus) Its not there.
If it helps these are the android settings for Sound. Just in case

Manual
Yeah, So the option to select audio type is not there in this prime video app, it's same as the one present on Internet TV. Android level settings are fine, I understand that. And also, how does the forward/rewind buttons react. Can you long press and change the seek speed like we can on Fire stick remote?

I own Airtel internet TV box and other than rebranding to Xtream I don't see any difference from earlier box, yet. However, earlier box had old generation dual core processor and graphics with 2 gb RAM and only 8 gb storage. Though ram and storage remains same, it is still not clear whether new box has upgraded the chipset (CPU / graphics). If there is no significant upgrade in this department, new box is as good (or bad) as older one. I hope Airtel has improved hardware on this model and UI is smooth and lag free.
Yeah the hardware is a definite improvement.
It supports smooth playback in 4K HDR which requires a decent amount of cpu and gpu power IMO.
The UI is not laggy per se. A little lag is there which is with all android tvs and boxes but pretty acceptable. When you load a tab, for instance Movies for the first time after the box boots , it takes around 20 secs+ to load the complete page. The movie names come up instantly but thumbnails take up the time as there is a list of around 100 of them with different genres . So the ~20 secs. But no issues if you switch to another tab and then come back again.
The OTT apps are fast enough though.

Yeah, So the option to select audio type is not there in this prime video app, it's same as the one present on Internet TV. Android level settings are fine, I understand that. And also, how does the forward/rewind buttons react. Can you long press and change the seek speed like we can on Fire stick remote?

The forward and rewind buttons can’t be used from dial on the remote for prime video (They respond to all other apps I have used though) Clicking them will only show up the on screen controls and you have to forward/ rewind using the on screen buttons. They do change the seek speed when pressed again and again just like the firestick remote buttons work but they should have mapped them to the dial. I guess amazon wants to keep that feature to firestick.
The smartphone remote app has the forward and rewind buttons that work the same way as the firestick remote. You might know that I suppose since you have seen in the internet tv.
Kindly confirm can we now able to use NTFS storage system in this box. In airtel internet tv it support only FAT32 and so we are not able to view the hard disk content
No support for NTFS and exFAT.

Can xtreme box work on my old lg LCD tv
Yes, it will. All you need is a HDMI port, an internet connection, a cable from the airtel dish. If you already have an airtel digital tv connection you can just upgrade and they will replace the box. If you don’t have it already , you can purchase a new one and they will install the dish

Channel guide almost same like internet tv.
Channel change epg also same as internet tv or different ?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock