DDF Exclusive All India FTA Pack Launched

• Thread starter Thread starter Arsh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 161
  • Views Views: Views 38,314
But Rs 130 can be even pay bouquet. U can mix broadcaster bouquet to Rs 130

Am I saying this right ?

NCF is compulsory for us whether we take FTA or pay chs. DPO can mix pay chs of different broadcaster or FTA chs of different broadcaster but cannot mix Pay with FTA chs for same or different broadcaster

NCF is compulsory for us whether we take FTA or pay chs. DPO can mix pay chs of different broadcaster or FTA chs of different broadcaster but cannot mix Pay with FTA chs for same or different broadcaster

So one has to Pay Rs 130 even if he takes 49 rs star pack

I thought one can add up various broadcaster pakxs and maebit minimum Rs 130

So one has to Pay Rs 130 even if he takes 49 rs star pack

I thought one can add up various broadcaster pakxs and maebit minimum Rs 130

Your fist line is correct. Except NCF may not be 130 and star may not charge MRP 49 at all. Remember there are various incentives for DPO to get huge discount from broadcasters like
1. Penetration Incentive
2. LCN Incentive
3. Subscriber Volume Incentive
4. Premiumization Incentive

page 73 of Star contract https://www.startv.com/media/2839/rio-dth-06122018.pdf

But in that Rs 130 what will come just that 12 star channels of star pack ???

From regulation point yes. But from economic point of view no. Remember if you only want to watch netflix and nothing else on internet then also you still need to pay ISP for using his bandwidth.

But on Star website it's mentioned that, The service provider has declared a Network Capacity Fee of Rs 130 for a combination of 100 FTA and Pay Channels.

But on Star website it's mentioned that, The service provider has declared a Network Capacity Fee of Rs 130 for a combination of 100 FTA and Pay Channels.

Ncf is same for fta or pay chs. But mixing of FTA and pay chs is not allow by anyone, neither Broadcaster nor DPO

Last edited:
Confusion is that in 130 we will get only free to air or it will be mix of some free to air and some paid channels as claimed by some posts?? if it is a mix then whoever will provide better 130 plus pack will be preferred one but yes now we have to choose minimum and rest OTT will take care. Mostly kids and news channels along with some main 4-5 channels. English and hindi movie feeds may suffer now as it will be cheaper to watch them on OTT. Let us see what happens on 29th.

FTA Channels are available for free. One can easily access these channels by switching to DD Free Dish.
Then why will any one bother to pay ₹130+tax to DTH operators when it can be accessed for free? May be one time installation charge is involved, but rest assured it is free for lifetime.

Last edited:
FTA Channels are available for free. One can easily access these channels by switching to DD Free Dish.
Then why will any one bother to pay ₹130+tax to DTH operators when it can be accessed for free? May be one time installation charge is involved, but rest assured it is free for lifetime.
Bro i am from kerala. I need flowers tv,kairali tv,mathrubhumi news,kappatv,asianet news e.t.c and so many good fta channels. But those channels are not available in dd freedish

Back
Top Bottom