DDF Exclusive All India FTA Pack Launched

• Thread starter Thread starter Arsh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 161
  • Views Views: Views 38,316
And with new Trai rules coming into effect from 29th Dec, What will be happening to Secondary Tv subscriptions?
Right now, i have Infinity arp on primary connection and for secondary i pay Rs. 275 per month. Any news/update available for secondary tv connections?

there is no concept of secondary connections. they are all independent connections. no discounts possible.

there is no concept of secondary connections. they are all independent connections. no discounts possible.
Alright.. One more blow coming our way.
Now, it's clear that we should wait for the announcements from dth companies.

Given in Star India Website :
How will the consumer be charged by the service provider in the new regime?
The service provider is entitled to charge the consumers for the following:
  • Fixed operating charges towards network capacity (Network Capacity Fees) that the service provider must declare upfront
  • MRPs (exclusive of applicable taxes) for the pay channel packs and a-la-carte channels which are opted by the consumers
  • All applicable taxes
The service provider must also provide a detailed bill including the breakup of the above components.

For example, a consumer has opted for Star’s Hindi Value pack with an MRP of Rs 49 (exclusive of applicable taxes) through the service provider. The service provider has declared a Network Capacity Fee of Rs 130 for a combination of 100 FTA and Pay Channels. In this instance, the consumer’s bill shall be calculated as Rs 130 + Rs 49 = Rs 179 plus taxes. Additionally you will also be required to pay the MRP (exclusive of applicable taxes) for any other pay channels that you may have subscribed.

Link provided

Given in Star India Website :
How will the consumer be charged by the service provider in the new regime?
The service provider is entitled to charge the consumers for the following:
  • Fixed operating charges towards network capacity (Network Capacity Fees) that the service provider must declare upfront
  • MRPs (exclusive of applicable taxes) for the pay channel packs and a-la-carte channels which are opted by the consumers
  • All applicable taxes
The service provider must also provide a detailed bill including the breakup of the above components.

For example, a consumer has opted for Star’s Hindi Value pack with an MRP of Rs 49 (exclusive of applicable taxes) through the service provider. The service provider has declared a Network Capacity Fee of Rs 130 for a combination of 100 FTA and Pay Channels. In this instance, the consumer’s bill shall be calculated as Rs 130 + Rs 49 = Rs 179 plus taxes. Additionally you will also be required to pay the MRP (exclusive of applicable taxes) for any other pay channels that you may have subscribed.

Link provided
If this is the case Base pack will cross Rs 200 with channels which are provided now in base pack.

And with new Trai rules coming into effect from 29th Dec, What will be happening to Secondary Tv subscriptions?
Right now, i have Infinity arp on primary connection and for secondary i pay Rs. 275 per month. Any news/update available for secondary tv connections?

That's an interesting point as all broadcaster rate in per STB per month basis.

But Rs 130 can be even pay bouquet. U can mix broadcaster bouquet to Rs 130

Am I saying this right ?

Back
Top Bottom