DDF Exclusive All India FTA Pack Launched

• Thread starter Arsh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 161
  • Views: Views 38,208
Pack should be at least Rs.150 consists of paid add on with complementary FTA channels.

This is noting but beneficial to DTH & Channels.
Benefits to DTH/MSO/CALBE OPERATORS ONLY, not channels. In this base pack only FTA CHANNELS, no pay channels!

Yes very poor work on part of TRAI, Around 150 needs to pay for unwatchable stuff as I have heard that it will also consist around 26 DD feeds and rest 74 will be filled with poor content as they have made everything paid now. It does not matter if it costs 0.50 paisa but still it is paid. So now every single watchable feed will need to be taken separately. So if one wants to see HD, then I think bill may end up around 500 at least if no more!!!

Means time to go for ala-carte if their is no change min recharge of 150 with taxes 172

With the way the new tariff regime is going, more and more people will give up traditional tv and opt for OTT services. One can watch all major channels through internet (Hotstar/Zee5/Sonyliv) by paying a much smaller amount. And more importantly it has the flexibility of choice.

In a nutshell, cable/DTH days are numbered after the new tariff.

Last edited:
With the way the new tariff regime is going, more and more people will give up traditional tv and opt for OTA services. One can watch all major channels through internet (Hotstar/Zee5/Sonyliv) by paying a much smaller amount. And more importantly it has the flexibility of choice.

In a nutshell, cable/DTH days are numbered after the new tariff.

Nothing is Permanent bro. After some months this will also change.

The only thing that is permanent is affordability. And as of now OTT is the clear winner.
Even OTT players are network based, Hotstar, SonyLiv, ZEE5, from major broadcasters have individual subscription (Internet connection charges kept aside), also their isn't channel wise subscription as on Cable TV/DTH, considering the amount of channels, people are habitual of watching, via OTT it would be costly than TV Viewing in the new TRAI Tariff regime as well.

Last edited:
Most of you guys are getting agitated without knowing the facts.

First - Airtel cannot force any channel or pack on any subscriber. There's no 'base pack' any more.

Two - Any user can subscribe to any 100 channels, including pay channel, for Rs 153 per month. There's no need to take these junk channels. (If you subscribe to pay channels, you have to pay for content extra, on top of 153 per month)

Three - The above Airtel pack is just a 'pack' option, just like the pack options from Star, Zee etc. You are not forced to take this pack. You can take this pack if you want. That's it.

Most of you guys are getting agitated without knowing the facts.

First - Airtel cannot force any channel or pack on any subscriber. There's no 'base pack' any more.

Two - Any user can subscribe to any 100 channels, including pay channel, for Rs 153 per month. There's no need to take these junk channels. (If you subscribe to pay channels, you have to pay for content extra, on top of 153 per month)

Three - The above Airtel pack is just a 'pack' option, just like the pack options from Star, Zee etc. You are not forced to take this pack. You can take this pack if you want. That's it.

Point number 2 is huge one, if this is really like this then it will be super but I doubt like this. so pls first check carefully. Though I hope u are right>>>

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock