DDF Exclusive All India FTA Pack Launched

• Thread starter Arsh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 161
  • Views: Views 38,208
What is really happening is that companies like Star, Zee etc are trying to be oversmart by charging very high for their popular channels.

This has screwed the DTH and cable operators. They can no longer continue with their existing packs, and don't know what to do.

Here's the relevant section from the tariff order:

(7) Within the distribution network capacity subscribed, in addition to channels notified by Central Government to be mandatorily provided to all the subscribers, a subscriber shall be free to choose any free-to-air channel(s), pay channel(s), or bouquet(s) of channels offered by the broadcaster(s) or bouquet(s) of channels offered by distributors of television channels or a combination thereof:
  • Provided that if a subscriber opts for pay channels or bouquet of pay channels, he shall be liable to pay an amount equal to sum of distributor retail price(s) for such channel(s) and bouquets in addition to network capacity fee.

Point number 2 is huge one, if this is really like this then it will be super but I doubt like this. so pls first check carefully. Though I hope u are right>>>

Also read this:

5. Offering of basic service tier by distributors of television channels.--- (1) Every distributor of television channels shall offer at least one bouquet, referred to as basic service tier, of one hundred free-to-air channels including all the channels to be mandatorily provided as notified by the Central Government to all the subscribers and such bouquet shall contain at least five channels of each genre as referred to in the Telecommunication (Broadcasting and Cable) Services Interconnection (Addressable Systems) Regulations, 2017: Provided that in case sufficient number of free-to-air channels of a particular genre are not available on the network, the distributor of television channels shall be free to include the channels of other genres. Explanation: For removal of any doubt it is hereby clarified that such bouquet shall be one of the options available to a subscriber. However, the subscriber, as per his requirement, shall have complete freedom to choose either bouquet of basic service tier or any other bouquet of pay channels or any other bouquet of free-to-air channels or a-la-carte pay channels or a-la-carte free-to-air channels available on the platform of the distributor of television channels or a combination thereof

New Pack Launch For SD Box
All India FTA Pack
1 Year Pack
265 FTA Channel
Rent - 153
MRP - 2590

New Connection Offer
Looks like they r taking advantage of Trai order and introduced new plan to attract new customers in bullet train speed
Thats all

Last edited:
That said, many users may not be aware of the above rule, and will end up simply subscribing to the default pack that Airtel puts them on. Eventually, people will figure it out. I think usually, a family will need only around 150 channels for complete entertainment. Junk channels will get dropped by more and more people as they figure out how to tweak their base pack for maximum entertainment.

No need all F TAchannels which include religious and not good channels.then for why want to Pay for those wn wanted ??

It's not correct.
The Rs 130 price is an upper limit, not a mandatory price.
In other words, if Tata Sky wants to continue to continue its starting package at Rs 99, it is free to do so. The only thing TRAI says is don't charge more than 130.
So, basically my plan 99 price increased to 153 with removal of good channels.
@Arsh bro please provide the channel list, if possible.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock