Any updates about merging ?

Yesterday's mathrubhoomi malayalam news paper, i saw the news regarding merging. The official announcement of merging comes within in two days. The deal is finalised. They are going to merge.

Pls post the newspaper snap. And also please transulate it. So that we all can understand.

Reliance Communications is likely to announce this week a 74% stake sale in its unit running direct-to-home operations, Reliance Digital TV, to Sun Direct, the person said. This pact is likely to generate another Rs 2,500 crore roughly for the company, the person said, adding that RCom plans to eventually exit DTH business via an initial public offering (IPO) of the combined entity. Sun Direct officials couldn't be reached for comment.
source RCOM, Reliance Jio may ink deal to share fibre optic - The Economic Times

rcom.jpg

India telco giant Reliance Communications is merging its Reliance Digital TV operation with rival Sun Direct. Reliance will hold a 26 per cent stake in the new DTH entity, but will then itself exit the DTH business.
As part of an agreement to be unveiled in the next day or so, it is understood that the medium-term plan will be for the ‘Newco’ to then mount an IPO, which Reliance would use to wholly exit the DTH business.
Reliance’s DTH subs base is some 4.1 million homes, while Sun Direct has 8.5 million subscribers. The merged pair would then be India’s Number 2 DTH player after Dish TV (15 million) and ahead of TataSky (11.5m).
Sun Direct is itself an 80-20 JV between India’s Maran Group, and Malayia’s Astro Group.
source Reliance merges India DTH with Sun Direct | Advanced Television

Merging confirmed as per Malayalam Daily News Paper Mathrumibhumi News. Official annoucement coming very soon from both sides. I am so happy.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock