Arasu cable to disconnect MEDIAPRO channels

dineshtgs said:
And i feel Arasu is the main culprit behind the delay when TRAI rule clearly says it can't be run by a State Govt.

Even though Arasu is the main culprit , knowingly given the application and stopping DAS by showing the delay in decision to the court , we have to blame MIB for not taking decision on that application. TRAI has given its recommendation on Arasu's application what stopping MIB from announcing that?!

And , If GJ & WB can implement DAS in their state without waiting for the decision on their Govt MSO application , why not TN?!

Viki said:
Even though Arasu is the main culprit , knowingly given the application and stopping DAS showing the delay in decision to the court , we have to blame MIB for not taking decision on that application. TRAI has given its recommendation on Arasu's application what stopping MIB from announcing that?!

And , If GJ & WB can implement DAS in their state without waiting for the decision on their Govt MSO application , why not TN?!

MIB feel ADMK will use the reply as a political advantage if Centre opposes their move.

dineshtgs said:
Agreed SCV is trying to be monopoly. Atleast they are not forcing the LCOs to join them.

Chennai has always been like this.

Ref: http://www.business-standard.com/ar...-chenna-s-cable-tv-market-109070800042_1.html

However, employees who were working at Hathway's Chennai office confirmed the development. "It has been decided to close down operations," they said. They said their services had been interrupted by SCV operators across the city cutting Hathway's cables continuously.

"In the last two months, cables were cut in over 350 places and, most of the times when we approached the police, we did not get any proper response," they said.

Across the city, Hathway had issued over 50,000 free set-top boxes (STBs) last year worth over Rs 50 crore. Now, the sources said, all that money has gone to waste. "Over 650 operators had left our network, fearing cutting of cables by miscreants. The environment was not conducive for continuing business," they added.

I don't understand, If state run arasu was allowed in Analogue why not DAS ? After all they are going to give same channels with set top box.

dineshtgs said:
I'm not for/against Arasu.

I want DAS to be completed asap in Chennai as it is the future. It feels annoying to see it completed in many Tier 2 cities in North but not in
Chennai.

Already DAS is being implemented in India after 10 yrs.

Its a recommendation and not a rule or a policy, so nothing actually may stop Arasu from pressing for a license and SCV also seems to be reluctant in moving away from analogue and it seems to not offer any discount or STB promotion to promote DAS in any way (also removed the STB Ad) which any MSO would do to achieve a goal so looks like they too not interested in DAS either.

We cant compare TN with Gujarat nor WB or any other state as DAS seems impossible without Arasu in Chennai and in TN as a whole.

With Madras HC supporting Arasu and asking I&B Ministry to reconsider its earlier stand and consider Arasus DAS license I&B Ministry could give DAS license to Arasu any moment and DAS would be done by Arasu in TN as planned and we can expect in Chennai by Jan/Feb 2014.

HOUSE-MD said:
Its a recommendation and not a rule or a policy, so nothing actually may stop Arasu from pressing for a license and SCV also seems to be reluctant in moving away from analogue and it seems to not offer any discount or STB promotion to promote DAS in any way (also removed the STB Ad) which any MSO would do to achieve a goal so looks like they too not interested in DAS either.

We cant compare TN with Gujarat nor WB or any other state as DAS seems impossible without Arasu in Chennai and in TN as a whole.

With Madras HC supporting Arasu and asking I&B Ministry to reconsider its earlier stand and consider Arasus DAS license I&B Ministry could give DAS license to Arasu any moment and DAS would be done by Arasu in TN as planned and we can expect in Chennai by Jan/Feb 2014.

nothing will change here, till Central elections are over

Satvijay said:
nothing will change here, till Central elections are over

Well, if nothing happens before the elections we cant expect it to happen after the elections too as situations might change any side or just left to hung as usual after the elections as no-one knows what the result would be and if the situation becomes worse then Chennai might be left in Analogue for another 2.5 Years.

So this would be right time for Arasu to extend its service to Chennai people.

"ஆத்தா வையும் காசு குடு" - Kind of discussion is useless. There is no point in spending time to explain the the facts to someone who is not ready listen and analysis the facts. Better you live in your own dream world.

Good to see the unwanted discussion finally ending. Hope to soon have some productive discussions on how to improve Arasu's service once its launched in Chennai. Hope Arasu wont disappoint the people who really hope for its service to enter Chennai soon.

JU1szPH.png

How to improve Arasu?! Yes , Arasu is doing all , after reading your suggestions :)... Don't always live in dream world , come out and see the reality.

If you are expecting Big Change , even god cannot save you from getting big disappointment...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock