Best HD DVR: Airtel or TataSky

Sorry. Airtel dth is far better when connected to 5.1 systems with coaxial n HDMI. Tatasky only pretends 5.1 but Dolby digital plus can be felt much n far better in Airtel DTH than TataSKY.

intrinsicreality said:
I have used both and they are pretty similar. Airtel DVR has one additional feature of allowing recording by time rather than EPG. But, on the other had, Airtel's EPG is not very good and Series recordings break every few weeks and for some shows, even every week.

I am currently using ADTV HD STB, and I am very satisfied with the services.... I want to Upgrade to HD DVR with Samsung LED 32 inch Tv, with sony Home theatre for DTH !! Can you suggest between ADTV and Tata Sky?

Your feedback will be valuable as you have used both...

Duke said:
I am currently using ADTV HD STB, and I am very satisfied with the services.... I want to Upgrade to HD DVR with Samsung LED 32 inch Tv, with sony Home theatre for DTH !! Can you suggest between ADTV and Tata Sky?

If you're OK with the channels and the service that Airtel provides, just upgrade to its DVR. You will have to shell out lesser amount of money and there won't be a big change. The only thing you need to remember is to keep checking your series recordings to see if those are actually working.

intrinsicreality said:
If you're OK with the channels and the service that Airtel provides, just upgrade to its DVR. You will have to shell out lesser amount of money and there won't be a big change. The only thing you need to remember is to keep checking your series recordings to see if those are actually working.

But how does dolby digital works on tata Sky i.e. audio quality as compared to ADTV?

Yes DD works on tatasky. I have both tatasky HD STB and airtel DVR. Both of them have good quality but tata is providing more HD channels than Airtel. One good part of airtel is they are giving DD plus on few channels like Star Plus and Star Gold

qasimkaman said:
Yes DD works on tatasky. I have both tatasky HD STB and airtel DVR. Both of them have good quality but tata is providing more HD channels than Airtel. One good part of airtel is they are giving DD plus on few channels like Star Plus and Star Gold
Thanks !! But I only have 5.1 HT so DD+ won't work on my Home Theater !! So according to you Audio Quality is same as ADTV and additional advantage is of more HD channels...

Duke said:
Thanks !! But I only have 5.1 HT so DD+ won't work on my Home Theater !! So according to you Audio Quality is same as ADTV and additional advantage is of more HD channels...

True

Duke said:

If you are OK with TS package costs and price of the new TS transfer DVR box, go for it. Functionality is much better with TS DVR software than Airtel DVR. Series recording is completely unreliable in Airtel. In TS, it works like magic, even finding special episodes on days on which the program would normally not be broadcast. EPG is the best on TS, far superior to ADTV.

Dolby digital works fine on TS and they have also been testing DD+ recently. However there are some audio level issues on DD channels -especially when the adverts come on, sound level may change.

Many additional features are there on the new transfer box like streaming and transfer to mobile device, single wire for 3 tuners and of course 3 tuner recording (though 3rd tuner is yet to be activated).

There are many more HD channels on TS than ADTV. There is a perception that HD channel PQ is slightly lower than Airtel but that would not be noticeable if you are using 32" TV. I have 65" TV and I am satisfied with the PQ.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock