Discussion Binge+ best setting for 4k tv

HappySoul

Solutions
Reaction score
Just wanted to share the best settings binge+ box for 4k tv..

Recently I bought a Vu 50pm but I was not happy with the picture quality of binge+ box, so switched to normal hd box but picture quality was worst than binge+ box so I decided to stay in binge+ only and test with various combinations of settings to get best picture quality...so here what I found best settings-

Binge+ box
1.) Set resolution to 1080p 60hz.
In 4k auto or 60hz output ,picture appears less sharp and bit dull.. I even tried with other resolution like 1080i 60hz , here the logo keeps jumping 😅 ..50hz is not smoother one can see the interlace lines in long shorts or moving objects

2.) Enable SDR to HDR
Post enabling this it did the magic.. the picture is more bright, colors looks really good and natural even sd channels looks really good like minimal pixelation/blurry but the catch is one need to disable enhance HDMI in the TV setting.
When enhance HDMI is enabled, the quality gets dull and washed out, So keep it to standard HDMI only .

Please share your experiences 🙂

Note: I could have posted in onlytech forum but this is more related to binge+

Last edited:
Update:
Few days ago I purchased hdmi 2.1 cable to get more better quality however till today I thought wasted my money but surprisingly today I factory resetted my binge+ box and after that I see hdmi cec volume control option working i.e with binge+ remote I am able to control my tv volume ..this was not working with the default cable hdmi 2.0

Update:
Few days ago I purchased hdmi 2.1 cable to get more better quality however till today I thought wasted my money but surprisingly today I factory resetted my binge+ box and after that I see hdmi cec volume control option working i.e with binge+ remote I am able to control my tv volume ..this was not working with the default cable hdmi 2.0
So has there been no improvement in PQ after you changed to HDMI 2.1?

Last edited:
Ignore bro ... probably I was too excited.
Today morning it stopped working 😑

No difference in picture quality..also I thing I observed yesterday when it was working the input was showing tata play bing..today it is showing hdmi1

Ignore bro ... probably I was too excited.
Today morning it stopped working 😑

No difference in picture quality..also I thing I observed yesterday when it was working the input was showing tata play bing..today it is showing hdmi1
How these companies receive HDMI certification when they build such faulty product. Really sad to know but am sure you can go for a refund or replacement.

HDMI 1.4 and 2.1 doesn't make any difference in PQ actually,only it matters for the frame rates both can send the signal of 4k at 60fps it's only matter if u plan to use 8k with more than 60fps like in the PS4 or gaming pc's

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock