Broadcasters can’t ask DTH ops for minimum subscription period: TDSAT

dipayan said:
As a broadcaster u cannot. Your license will be revoked by Ministry on ground of unfair business

Then why STAR SPORTS is not providing STAR SPORTS 2 even if dishtv is ready to add the channel why STAR SPORTS is crying on certain norms why they not amends it according to dishtv if a channel have some boundation of unfair business

Anirudha Das said:
Then why STAR SPORTS is not providing STAR SPORTS 2 even if dishtv is ready to add the channel why STAR SPORTS is crying on certain norms why they not amends it according to dishtv if a channel have some boundation of unfair business

U are making mistake. Star sports isn't crying, the one who is crying is DishTV. Why would a broadcaster amends it's norms according to every individual service provider like MSO or DTH ? So Broadcasters norms are same for all DTH or MSO. Now if some DTH like DISHTV or MSO like Hathway has problem with some clause of norms then they can approach to TDSAT which they did and TDSAT gave it's judgement.

Now my point is that Starsports is ready to give all channels with T&C to every DTH or MSO. Most of the DTH and MSO has no problem with it but Dish thinks that there are two clause 5.6 and 8.2 which is not acceptable for them according to their package structure(ICP). That's why they raise this issue.

I think u are aware of that, Competition Commission of India (CCI) keeps a tab on unfair trade practices at market place.

Anirudha Das said:
You cant say only dish is right & ss group is wrong..I personally don't like the idea if ICP..SS channels are not available in the sports base pack i.e. super gold pack..What if subscribers want to watch football or any other sports..They have to shell out another 25-40 Rs. from their pocket..

:hello Then what this comment is all about

dipayan said:
I think star will file petition in High court

And another thing is Mutual Understanding such wars never needs if some friendly gestures are there forget TDSAT and Courts why only Star Sports have problem in everything please refer to post # 14 and tell me if anything is wrong.

Sandeep23 said:
You cant say only dish is right & ss group is wrong..I personally don't like the idea if ICP..SS channels are not available in the sports base pack i.e. super gold pack..What if subscribers want to watch football or any other sports..They have to shell out another 25-40 Rs. from their pocket..

The reason ICP is there just because of STAR SPORTS all sports channels are available in base pack of dishtv not STAR SPORTS. Please read this thread from starting...

Anirudha Das said:
:hello Then what this comment is all about

And another thing is Mutual Understanding such wars never needs if some friendly gestures are there forget TDSAT and Courts why only Star Sports have problem in everything please refer to post # 14 and tell me if anything is wrong.

If lower court verdict is final then why do we need High Court or supreme court ? If u think that lower court verdict is wrong then u can always approach to higher court.

If u are running a business then business rivalry will always be there.

Anirudha Das said:
The reason ICP is there just because of STAR SPORTS all sports channels are available in base pack of dishtv not STAR SPORTS. Please read this thread from starting...
I read the thread..But the thing is are they gonna provide SS channels in the base pack by fair policy?

Sandeep23 said:
I read the thread..But the thing is are they gonna provide SS channels in the base pack by fair policy?

They are ready but in a reasonable rate even dishtv never denies to add STAR SPORTS HD channels but who will give Rs. 150 PM for a single channel.

dipayan said:
If lower court verdict is final then why do we need High Court or supreme court ? If u think that lower court verdict is wrong then u can always approach to higher court.

If u are running a business then business rivalry will always be there.

Decision comes against STAR SPORTS so your prediction is right they will definitely moves to higher court and stretch this issue because if STAR allows to give the feed of their sports channel then suddenly the business of TATA(SKY goes down.

Anirudha Das said:
Decision comes against STAR SPORTS so your prediction is right they will definitely moves to higher court and stretch this issue because if STAR allows to give the feed of their sports channel then suddenly the business of TATA(SKY goes down.

I don't think it has anything to do with Tatasky business as Tatasky now has both star and zee channels along with other broadcasters

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock