Broadcasters can’t ask DTH ops for minimum subscription period: TDSAT

dipayan said:
I don't think it has anything to do with Tatasky business as Tatasky now has both star and zee channels along with other broadcasters

Wait Bro, if STAR keep hitting ZEE by the name STAR SPORTS then the days are not so far when ZEE takes back all of their channel from TATA(SKY .

Anirudha Das said:
Wait Bro, if STAR keep hitting ZEE by the name STAR SPORTS then the days are not so far when ZEE takes back all of their channel from TATA(SKY .

i don't think so :u

I think its better if we leave this on respected company. There are some certain issues of some company. And yes if we talk about tata sky then i would like to say that no any popular channel from zee group is missing on tata sky.

Anirudha Das said:
Why not this is what Star is all about I think they needs to change their name to STAR SPORTS INDIA to STAR WARS INDIA :lol

:hello Long list of wars I don't know the exact years needs to google it.

1. Fights with Zee Group for BCCI broadcasting rights @ 2005 - 06
2. Fights with Siti Cable for channel packaging issue @ 2009
3. Fights with DD for not showing ads during Champions Trophy @ 2013
4. Fights with hathway for channel packaging issue @ 2008 - 09
5. Fights with hatway for channel packaging issue @ 2014
6. Fights with airtel, d2h and dishtv for their HD channels pricing issue @ 2012
6. Fights with dishtv for ICP issue and pricing issue @ 2011.

You forgot to mention fights between espn and tata sky in 2007/08.
TS removed espn,starsports from lowest package and reduced price by 20-30 rs.ESPN appealed in TDSAT and TS won this case.:u

piinku1 said:
You forgot to mention fights between espn and tata sky in 2007/08.
TS removed espn,starsports from lowest package and reduced price by 20-30 rs.ESPN appealed in TDSAT and TS won this case.:u

Literally this fights leads to raise the benefits of their own channel from back door whenever channel starts available in ala carte basis it becomes costlier then normal packs basis you can't said its a fight its a way to raise the value of your own thing ;)

Read these lines from the article:

"On May 20, while implementing new packages and tariff structures TataSky, a 80:20 joint venture between Tata and broadcast major Star, had removed ESPN from its base packages.

The customers were asked to pay extra amount for viewing ESPN group's channels."

TataSky approaches TDSAT over pricing issue - Economic Times

It means Star asking to their own customers to pay extra for their own channels.

Anirudha Das said:
If Star Sports is ready then the war will end.

Talking about Indiacast UTV case its pending now in TDSAT, auditing is going on but my sixth sense is saying we needs to wait until Dec. 2014.
why Dec 2014 , any reasons ?

ssparikshya said:
why Dec 2014 , any reasons ?

No particular reason but from the past of dishtv you can see the future. dishtv first remove channels then add it back after some times like after 6 months by increasing base pack like take the case of LIFE OK, addition of Sports channels in Super Gold pack, when UTV launch in dishtv it will available only in ala carte basis but later add to base pack so wait and watch :k

Anirudha Das said:
No particular reason but from the past of dishtv you can see the future. dishtv first remove channels then add it back after some times like after 6 months by increasing base pack like take the case of LIFE OK, addition of Sports channels in Super Gold pack, when UTV launch in dishtv it will available only in ala carte basis but later add to base pack so wait and watch :k

you think India cast will comeback in base packs again soon ?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock