Discussion Confusion clearing thread regarding TRAI rate changes effective 1st February

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i select 25 DD channels and another 37 HD channels in base pack(total 100 channels) how much should i pay?
25 + 37*2=99 channels. So you will have to pay 153 as NCF. Then if we take an average of 10 rupees per HD channel including tax, it costs 10*37 i.e. 370. So your total cost will be 153+370=523.

25 + 37*2=99 channels. So you will have to pay 153 as NCF. Then if we take an average of 10 rupees per HD channel including tax, it costs 10*37 i.e. 370. So your total cost will be 153+370=523.
R U sure. Till now We thought that way only.
But this article seems to be complete different.
if your calculation is correct then this article is meaning less/not understood at all for me(criticizing my self only for not understanding correctly):)

Can we send mail to TRAI about this exact situation.
Any mail contact,can we get reply by detailed explanation?:cautious:

R U sure. Till now We thought that way only.
But this article seems to be complete different.
if your calculation is correct then this article is meaning less/not understood at all for me(criticizing my self only for not understanding correctly):)
Of course I'm sure. The article is just reiterating the fact that customer has the choice, that's all. It's not waiving off the MRP of pay channels!

if we need to pay extra money to pay channels, why any one like to include them in BASE PACK?
no one wants to fill their free channels space with paid channels.
everybody will select 100 free channels and then pay extra money for paid channels.no one will select paid channels in those 100 base channels.
why TRAI need to give that article???

At the same time if we can select pay channels in 100 base channels list.why any one will select single channel from Ale-carte and pay 10-20 Rs for single channel. they will select additional 25 channels and pay 20 Rs Extra.
So this is also confusing:)

Last edited:
if we need to pay extra money to pay channels, why any one like to include them in BASE PACK?
everybody will select 100 free channels and then pay extra money for paid channels.no one will select paid channels in those 100 base channels.

At the same time if we can select pay channels in 100 base channels list.why any one will select single channel from Ale-carte and pay 10-20 Rs for single channel. they will select additional 25 channels and pay 20 Rs Extra.
Yes @Siva bro clarify this. Because you have calculated above like he said.

You are confusing NCF with MRP. First of all, if you pay 10 rupees for a pay channel to the broadcaster that is not enough, you also need to pay NCF to the DPO. So, you need to choose the channels wisely so that you don't go to the extra NCF slab. If you are filling your 100 channel NCF slab with only free channels, it's a sheer waste. Because for pay channels, you need to buy a second slab of NCF by paying 20 rupees. So choose your 100 channels as a combination of your absolutely necessary FTA+Pay channels and pay the MRP of pay channels on top of the NCF of 153.

Yes @Siva bro clarify this. Because you have calculated above like he said.
I didn't put any extra NCF slab!

Last edited:
You are confusing NCF with MRP. First of all, if you pay 10 rupees for a pay channel to the broadcaster that is not enough, you also need to pay NCF to the DPO. So, you need to choose the channels wisely so that you don't go to the extra NCF slab. If you are filling your 100 channel NCF slab with only free channels, it's a sheer waste. Because for pay channels, you need to buy a second slab of NCF by paying 20 rupees. So choose your 100 channels as a combination of your absolutely necessary FTA+Pay channels and pay the MRP of pay channels on top of the NCF of 153.
This is spot on and well explained. Even recently my dad received whatsapp text claiming 130rs for any 100 channels and if DPO charges more then you can complain to the authority.
Again, it clearly shows how fake news and ill informed people have made a mess of this regulation. Even broadcasters unfortunately haven't done a good job in explaining this and keep showing their crappy 49 a month ads(star) which is even more confusing.

I didn't put any extra NCF slab!
Got it. well explained, thank you so much.

So after 100 channels,even for 1 additional channel(1-25) we need to pay 20Rs NCF & Channel/s Price.
IF any HD packs released by DTH ,like 50 HD channels combo we need to pay 80 Rs extra as NCF over HD pack price.(after 100 channels)
And lock period is DBR, then if i select 101 th channel for 1 day do i need to pay 20rs NCF or it will also charge daily base?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock