Seeking Help D2h vs Airtel which is best at this time

I tend to disagree and won't say anything more on this as already have made my point in great detail earlier on. Upto the esteemed member to take the final decision based on views put forward by all.

Also request u again to not indulge in name calling or use of derogatory / inappropriate terms or phrases in ur comments 🙏

You can present a counter view with use of proper information and words which add to a productive conversation rather than just branding the other member with a unwarranted or disrespectful tag
Did I tag you ? But you are doing now.the truth is you never say anything bad about airtel either it's positive or neutral ( future fake defensive information or bringing other dth examples)..

Did I tag you ? But you are doing now.the truth is you never say anything bad about airtel either it's positive or neutral ( future fake defensive information or bringing other dth examples)..

I wil not again enter into discussion on this as many times i have provided explanation with examples as to how i always take a balanced and honest stand on various things. Buddy u r interpreting and perceiving information shared by me in wrong manner hence i leave it upto u as to how u want to look at the same.

Coming to the part that whether u tagged me or not, any member can clearly make out that with use of tag "Mr. Airtel" and my post above which gave opinion about the topic being discussed....u indirectly told the member to not listen to my views. Else please spell out the name of the member u were referring to

Just one last comment, if everything is so good in Dish d2h then why is it that its subscriber base is declining on a continuous manner (Year on Year). Fact is that they have less number of channels and r not quite good in some other areas hence people r shifting out of it.

More so i believe dish tv has more subscriber base in rural, semi urban areas & the economically weaker / lower middle class section of the audience segment form large part of their subscriber base. They have not been able to get a stronghold in the urban areas or in middle/upper middle class segment of population . This may be prime reason for fall in the revenue / ARPU and decline in susbcriber base wherein such customers would be opting for DD Free Dish connection while even those having more purchasing power would be opting for Tata Play or Airtel Digital TV connection for better overall service quality and more channels and even i believe lot better Smart/Android Box as well as connected offerings

D2h is doing good in parts of South India but still there too it faces stiff competition from Sun Direct, Airtel Digital TV and Tata Play. They have already in a way kept ROI not much in focus as same is being taken care of by Dish TV. Also in south indian states particularly Kerala,,Tamil Nadu Cable TV is still quite popular which again makes it difficult for DTH operators to expand subscriber base in a big manner.

Overall in my opinion Dish d2h may have above average or good picture quality across channels and satisfactory audio quality but same is not enough to attract subscribers. Other operators offer good combo of overall services hence have maintained a clear defined big edge over Dish d2h

If someone goes by subscriber base, tataplay is a clear winner!

Discussion is not about who has highest subscriber base. Point is about discussing positives and negatives of all DTH operators

Discussion is not about who has highest subscriber base. Point is about discussing positives and negatives of all DTH operators
But it's you who brought that YOY sub base count on discussion.
Couple of days back you retaliated when I mentioned freeloading on DDFD, now you are limiting one brands reach towards low ARPU user bases only. I pay ₹560 per month and there are many others like me who uses Dish/D2h. It's a completely wrong assumption that it's only for rural users.

FYI, I saw 60-70% ADTV dishes going down and is replaced by Sun around my locality. Not by ADTV/Dish/D2H/Tata Play.
It's not only Dish/D2h or Tata Play that has lost subs in recent past. Here is the link to refer - Active DTH subscribers base drops by 2.17% in the quarter from July to September of 2022

When I utterly condemn calling someone by names, but it can be clearly seen multiple times in past also, though you claim your views are honest and balanced , but your comments portrays otherwise.

FYI, I saw 60-70% ADTV dishes going down and is replaced by Sun around my locality. Not by ADTV/Dish/D2H/Tata Play.
Yes, I also highlighted this couple of days back. This is happening in all parts of Bengal. Other DTH like Tata Play atleast seriously needs to consider giving us some discounted packs if not Thalaiva pack. Give us Dada packs atleast. We also deserve same discounts as other regions.

Coming back to the original discussion -
You can blindly opt ADTV if HD channels are your absolute priority. They probably have the best HD PQ if compared with TP, Dish and D2H. It's sharper, richer in colour. SD PQ is not bad but not the absolute best.
Coming to D2H, as you are from West Bengal, they will provide you with SES8 alignment. So except the UI of D2H , you won't find much difference between Dish or D2H user experience. SD PQ here is better than the competition, don't know the technical reason behind this. HD PQ is decent. Their HD PQ has a bit more contrast, thus it looks a bit darker.
Now the choice is yours, make your choice according to your needs.

Last edited:
Yes, I also highlighted this couple of days back. This is happening in all parts of Bengal. Other DTH like Tata Play atleast seriously needs to consider giving us some discounted packs if not Thalaiva pack. Give us Dada packs atleast. We also deserve same discounts as other regions.
Yes. West Bengal needs some Thalaiva/Uttam pack alternatives. From all the DPOs. Sun got the pulse right it seems. Though have no idea about their packs but their lower NCF strategy undoubtedly worked for them.

Last edited:
Just one last comment, if everything is so good in Dish d2h then why is it that its subscriber base is declining on a continuous manner (Year on Year). Fact is that they have less number of channels and r not quite good in some other areas hence people r shifting out of it.

More so i believe dish tv has more subscriber base in rural, semi urban areas & the economically weaker / lower middle class section of the audience segment form large part of their subscriber base. They have not been able to get a stronghold in the urban areas or in middle/upper middle class segment of population . This may be prime reason for fall in the revenue / ARPU and decline in susbcriber base wherein such customers would be opting for DD Free Dish connection while even those having more purchasing power would be opting for Tata Play or Airtel Digital TV connection for better overall service quality and more channels and even i believe lot better Smart/Android Box as well as connected offerings

D2h is doing good in parts of South India but still there too it faces stiff competition from Sun Direct, Airtel Digital TV and Tata Play. They have already in a way kept ROI not much in focus as same is being taken care of by Dish TV. Also in south indian states particularly Kerala,,Tamil Nadu Cable TV is still quite popular which again makes it difficult for DTH operators to expand subscriber base in a big manner.

Overall in my opinion Dish d2h may have above average or good picture quality across channels and satisfactory audio quality but same is not enough to attract subscribers. Other operators offer good combo of overall services hence have maintained a clear defined big edge over Dish d2h
off Topic @dino29 bro . Kindly look at the thread DDF Exclusive - Comparison of channels across DTHs for less number of channels specifically SD channels on Dishtv. so your statement there are less number of channels on Dishtv its HD channels which are fact less in number. In fact we count the regional ones like Punjabi, Oriya, bengali , Marathi there are more number of channels on Dishtv than all DTH in all genres. So you cannot comment that people are shifting out it due to less number of channels. Again your comment that only lower middle class are having Dishtv then the fact only be quoted with any study / survey with audited results and not by opinion. The problem is different as ZEEL facing solvency proceedings and may be fightings on control of Dishtv board is the main issue. Kindly note that Dishtv was the leader few years back with most SD/HD channels and any new channels would launch on Dishtv first and was having maximum share in DTH.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock