Does Tata Sky+HD need component cables as well as HDMI

Reaction score
Does Tata Sky +HD require component cables (red, white and yellow) and HDMI connected to the TV or is it enough to just use the HDMI cable?

Any adverse effects for using just the HDMI?

Thanks in advance.

Sic Parvis Magna said:
Does Tata Sky +HD require component cables (red, white and yellow) and HDMI connected to the TV or is it enough to just use the HDMI cable?

Any adverse effects for using just the HDMI?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
Bottom line: Just HDMI is enough, it is the best to get 5.1 channel surround from the STB along with DD+. 

Additional Info: As far as i know only optical cable is capable of delivering HDMI's equivalent. i don't see any drawbacks of using HDMI. it is much simpler, just one cable. you can configure it easily from STB to TV directly (HDTV or Higher resolution). if you have a home theatre, connect STB HDMI to Home theatre. from Home theatre connect the output HDMI to TV in.

i would be happy to help you if you need any specific steps.
Thanks.

Niwin said:
As far as i know only optical cable is capable of delivering HDMI's equivalent.

Optical cable is in fact only capable of upto 5.1 DD audio. DD+, 7.1, Dolby TrueHD lossless audio etc. can only be carried thru HDMI, not optical.

jdrocks said:
Optical cable is in fact only capable of upto 5.1 DD audio. DD+, 7.1, Dolby TrueHD lossless audio etc. can only be carried thru HDMI, not optical.

great, i was not sure about that. Thanks for the clarification

jdrocks said:

So HDMI of STB is connected to Home Theater and from there it goes to TV via other HDMI ?

ABCDEFGH said:
So HDMI of STB is connected to Home Theater and from there it goes to TV via other HDMI ?

HT HDMI monitor output can be connected to TV HDMI IN. In compatible models, this connection can also carry the audio return channel (ARC) from the TV to HT to output audio from USB or Internet sources playing on the TV thru HT.

jdrocks said:
HT HDMI monitor output can be connected to TV HDMI IN. In compatible models, this connection can also carry the audio return channel (ARC) from the TV to HT to output audio from USB or Internet sources playing on the TV thru HT.

How many HDMI input does your HT have? I Know only 1 Output is there.
Also how many Devices have you connected to the HT? Tata Sky and ?

ABCDEFGH said:
How many HDMI input does your HT have? I Know only 1 Output is there.
Also how many Devices have you connected to the HT? Tata Sky and ?

Take a look at the back side of my model:

DhYgKKA.jpg

I've connected TS Transfer, TS 4K, Blu Ray and Apple TV. Currently my Airtel and DishTV boxes are disconnected.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock