General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV- For any Help & Issues

On WhatsOnIndia App, if one has selected Airtel Digital TV as their operator under preferences section then in the channel line listed across genres it displays channels which r available on Airtel Digital TV platform alongwith its channel number (LCN).

Noticed that it included Om Shanti Channel under Religious Channels genre and LCN mentioned is 9007. Also under Fashion and Lifestyle genre FTV Global, FTV Paris, Midnight Secrets channel have been listed with LCN being mentioned 9003, 9005 and 9008 respectively for them.

Have these channels been listed for a long time as part of Airtel Digital TV Channel line up on this app or is it that these have recently been included after receiving updates from Airtel Digital TV and shortly we will see these alongwith others being added as internet based channels?

On WhatsOnIndia App, if one has selected Airtel Digital TV as their operator under preferences section then in the channel line listed across genres it displays channels which r available on Airtel Digital TV platform alongwith its channel number (LCN).

Noticed that it included Om Shanti Channel under Religious Channels genre and LCN mentioned is 9007. Also under Fashion and Lifestyle genre FTV Global, FTV Paris, Midnight Secrets channel have been listed with LCN being mentioned 9003, 9005 and 9008 respectively for them.

Have these channels been listed for a long time as part of Airtel Digital TV Channel line up on this app or is it that these have recently been included after receiving updates from Airtel Digital TV and shortly we will see these alongwith others being added as internet based channels?
It can be. One day definitely Airtel will have to increase 3 digit LCN limit to 4 digit LCN as Tata Play.

With 3 digit LCN it becomes difficult for ADTV to manage new channels LCN without reshuffling any other channel.

As in Airtel Star Sports 1 Select is on 283 LCN and Star Sports 1 Select HD is on 300. So maybe soon after an update ADTV is thinking of doing the same which will make it easier for ADTV to manage channel's LCN accordingly.

Last edited:
It can be. One day definitely Airtel will have to increase 3 digit LCN limit to 4 digit LCN as Tata Play.

With 3 digit LCN it becomes difficult for ADTV to manage new channels LCN without reshuffling any other channel.

As in Airtel Star Sports 1 Select is on 283 LCN and Star Sports 1 Select HD is on 300. So maybe soon after an update ADTV is thinking of doing the same which will make it easier for ADTV to manage channel's LCN accordingly.

I know buddy. Infact i have been stating since long time that Airtel Digital TV will implement 4 digit LCN format soon its platform and LCN Realignment will happen alongwith it. Also internet based channels being introduced on Airtel XStream STB is another strong possibility

implement 4 digit LCN
I really don't want them to implement 4 digit LCN. It's very inconvenient. Also, I think it's not required only. We are not going to have more than 900 channels even if we ignore 0 to 99 series which can be used for Favorites in future. Most of the channels are already well placed. They just need to do a very little LCN rearrangement only. That's it. They don't need a whole massive LCN rearrangement is what I think.

I really don't want them to implement 4 digit LCN. It's very inconvenient. Also, I think it's not required only. We are not going to have more than 900 channels even if we ignore 0 to 99 series which can be used for Favorites in future. Most of the channels are already well placed. They just need to do a very little LCN rearrangement only. That's it. They don't need a whole massive LCN rearrangement is what I think.

4 digit LCN format is very much needed so as to avoid frequent changing of channel numbers to accommodate new channels on the platform. Also ideally they should in advance keep a vacant slot alongside key SD channels whose HD feed is likely to be launched in near future and not place other SD channel with it which again leads to requiring changes in channel numbers later on.

Also remember there r not just regular SD / HD channels but also home channels, service/intetactive channels and possibly even soon to be introduced internet based channels hence to arrange them properly and allocate them adequate slots on EPG there is strong need to have 4 digit LCN in place....having 3 digit LCN will not only require frequent changing of channel numbers but channels from different genres would be arranged in a very congested manner on the EPG which is not a good thing

avoid frequent changing of channel numbers
They haven't done frequent changes in LCN and I also don't see broadcasters launching new channels on regular basis as time has changed. Remember how much time it took Star, the top most broadcaster, to rebrand and launch new channels ? That's the reality of this industry now.
introduced internet based channels
Internet based channels are very less and can be placed in specific 4 digit LCN series like Tata Play. They also don't need to update regular SD and HD STB to support 4 digit LCN as they anyway don't support internet channels.

+1

If they want to implement, then I would like to see lcns as follows
1-99 favorites, 100-599 Hindi, English sub genres and infotainment, sports, devotional, 600-999 all south 1000- 2000 all ROI languages. 😎

Those channels are there on the app since long time.

It doesn't mean Airtel is gonna do LCN Realignment or Launch Internet Based Service Channels.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock