General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV

• Thread starter Thread starter sundaresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28,769
  • Views Views: Views 4,015,433
Received this message from airtel:

The power of choice is now all yours! As per the new TRAI guidelines, you can create your own plan and pay only for the channels of your choice. Select your plan before 31 Jan 2019. For plan selection, register/login at < ...... Link ....... >. Your new plan will be applicable from 1 Feb 2019. NCF charges as applicable.
Me too!!

ARP users will continue to enjoy benefits with subscribed rates till pack validity, if recent media reports are to be believed.

In that case, I wonder what will happen to users of HD ARP and monthly base pack? I am subscribed to myPlan 99 and MaxHD ARP.

I have not subscribed any channels as per new mandate. Even if I have to by Feb 1, I am going to boycott most of the channels I watch. Channel pricing is absurd. If we all only subscribe to channels we really watch then prices should reduce substantially. Pricing should adjust to market forces.

My pack is expiring on 31/1/2019.
All packs are changing from 1 St February.
I have a plan.
I will not recharge.
After 2 days I will recharge.
Feb 1 is over. So my pack is safe.
It's not changed. :biggrin:

Any news about zee anmol cinema because it is available in zee family pack but airtel missing. I want chose TV18 HD pack but MTV HD and MTV beats missing

I have not subscribed any channels as per new mandate. Even if I have to by Feb 1, I am going to boycott most of the channels I watch. Channel pricing is absurd. If we all only subscribe to channels we really watch then prices should reduce substantially. Pricing should adjust to market forces.

I have 1 Primary Infinity HD ARP valid till April end & 2 additional connections where i pay Rs 275 each every month. Airtel CC says not to worry about ARP and secondary will switch to base pack on Feb 01, so primary is safe for another 3 months so no questions from family.

I have just paid Rs 500 for 2 secondary connections and will simply wait for Feb 01 and see if i get few of my regional and English news channels under the base pack and see how much they charge me, if the charge is less then i will add a few English HD movies and Ten 1 HD & Ten 2 HD & Star Select 1 HD (hope these would suffice for global football) and if possible some business news if not available as base pack.

Once ARP ends i will just add selected channels that family watches though they are too many genre (Tamil & English News, Sports, Tamil & English GEC, Lifestyle type animals and cooking channels and English movies) and will try to bring this all within Rs 500. :rolleyes:. Hope to reduce my current monthly bill of Rs 1,250 to within Rs 800 or 1,000.

Under ARP i was able to pay a one till bill of Rs 7,999 and forget for 1 year but now when i have to pay monthly i find it too costly and unnecessary.

Back
Top Bottom