General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV

• Thread starter Thread starter sundaresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28,737
  • Views Views: Views 4,007,955
Where did i said that they have buggy app, i said that broadcasters bouquets not being available is not a bug but i believe a policy decision taken by Airtel for certain segment of DTH customers
I didn't says that you said Airtel app is buggy. My question is simple. As per you this is a tactical business decision taken by Airtel. Who this decision is for ? It is not helping both sides. I also asked you why should tolerate this despite paying for the service ?
Already Airtel Black customers r getting huge discounts on DPO bouquets plus zero NCF is being charged for most of these bouquets and there r several other benefits being provided hence Airtel would have taken policy decision to not provide broadcaster bouquets to Airtel Black customers just like only 2 DPO bouquets available for selection to us ...few months back 3 broadcaster bouquets were available to choose from 1 SD and other 2 HD variants now SD has also been removed .....Similarly maybe for customers opting for Annual or Semi Annual DPO bouquet too certain polict changes have been made.
Broadcastster bouquets are not available to anyone irrespective of Black, LDP, normal customers. Which I think have been communicated to you multiple times.
I have already answered ur question about remote recording feature, could be that it has been disabled sometime back but as i have said this feature is not compatible with SD or HD box of any operator unless box supports Return Path Data feature which only high end boxes have
I am talking about Xstream box. You said Xstream box presently has remote schedule recording in below posts.
Remote Recording feature is available on Airtel XStream Smart Android Box

Will cross check about remote recording feature on Airtel Smart Remote app and confirm on the same
I don't see any reply after this. Whenever you say that you have already said or explained anything, I request you to quote the relevant post.

I recommended Tata Play to my aunt for this very same reason. Being Tamil customer they would have got good value in Airtel. Still I didn't want them to go through these many hassles of simple channel selection with Airtel. For oldies I will never recommend Airtel till they bring a good app.

What is the hassle buddy? One can easily add DPO bouquets or A La Carte chs via airtel app or various other options like missed call, SMS, Whatsapp, calling Customer Care Desk, Sending Mail etc.
Broadcaster Bouquets have been discontinued so it is unavailable, it is not a bug..... Still not sure whether same has been disabled for all or section of Airtel Digital TV customers

I didn't says that you said Airtel app is buggy. My question is simple. As per you this is a tactical business decision taken by Airtel. Who this decision is for ? It is not helping both sides. I also asked you why should tolerate this despite paying for the service ?

I already said buddy buddy i don't know why they did this or is it against rules laid down by TRAI. It is certainly not a good step for customers though it may help increase ARPU for the company. As per previous media articles reports almost 90% customers subscribe to DPO Bouquets (if i remember correctly) hence unlikely that many would be complaining against this policy which is why it still has not been shelved

Broadcastster bouquets are not available to anyone irrespective of Black, LDP, normal customers. Which I think have been communicated to you multiple times.
Okay. Still we cannot be 100% sure based on experience of few members of the forum as these comprise extremely minute customer base of Airtel Digital TV

I am talking about Xstream box. You said Xstream box presently has remote schedule recording in below posts.

I don't see any reply after this. Whenever you say that you have already said or explained anything, I request you to quote the relevant post.

I already stated buddy that previous it was available, don't know about current scenario but SD, HD boxes across all operators won't support remote recording feature, if u have such example please mention it

So, if you are a beta tester and has the new feature doesn't mean that the stable version that most people use is bug-free. Many people here shared their experience. Don't say that the bouquets hidden is a feature.

Buddy small bugs r present in apps or products of all companies, these should certainly be rectified based on customer feedback. Beta Version too might have bugs, it is just a test version rolled out to select customers who have enrolled for it for concerned app on Google Play Store .

I did not say broadcaster bouquets available in hidden way (workaround option) is a feature, it is not... .Please read the post again rather than attributing to me something which i never said

What ever it is, share screen shots! For confirmation. 😉 So that users can understand what exactly happening. 😕
Already screenshot shared by some members few weeks back

Do you have confirmation regarding this, from airtel technical team! 🙄It's just a alternative way as of now.

No. But being an Airtel Digital TV customer since long i know that certain times when New Interface is launched then thru few ways stll customer can access old layout bcoz Airtel Tech Team by mistake forgot to block that option or make relevant changes to it to redirect to New UI

I already said buddy buddy i don't know why they did this or is it against rules laid down by TRAI. It is certainly not a good step for customers though it may help increase ARPU for the company. As per previous media articles reports almost 90% customers subscribe to DPO Bouquets (if i remember correctly) hence unlikely that many would be complaining against this policy which is why it still has not been shelved

Okay. Still we cannot be 100% sure based on experience of few members of the forum as these comprise extremely minute customer base of Airtel Digital TV

I already stated buddy that previous it was available, don't know about current scenario but SD, HD boxes across all operators won't support remote recording feature, if u have such example please mention it
Bro, I am asking something, you are answering something else. Also I request you to quote the posts whenever you say "already explained"/"already shared by me /someone". Also regarding the hassles on channel selection, no one want to spend so much time for simple thing like this and I think you haven't used Tata Play app at all. Oldies really find the app to be simple and effective. Just check the app and you'll know. I explained my aunt about how DBR works how to add channels when required and how to remove when not required. It's just very easy with Tata Play app. I really can't explain her to go to old ui in Airtel and then that you shouldn't type in the search bar that just messes but should search manually etc. etc. Channels that are required permanently will anyway be subscribed. Airtel just fails to understand this. People are just ready to let go of the channel than subscribe for unnecessary period.

Last edited:
Bro, I am asking something, you are answering something else. Also I request you to quote the posts whenever you say "already explained"/"already shared by me /someone". Also regarding the hassles on channel selection, no one want to spend so much time for simple thing like this and I think you haven't used Tata Play app at all. Oldies really find the app to be simple and effective. Just check the app and you'll know.

Buddy just few days back i had explained on the same.... If i start writing things repeatedly just bcoz same questions r asked many times by u or different members then i don't think it is wise thing to do as there will be unnecessary wastage of time + efforts... Please search for the same to look for answers

Regarding channel addition again please refer to previous posts, only broadcaster bouquets r disabled rest all can still b done on airtel app

Why don't you share it as you are the only one who seems to have got this name change on your beta version of the app. That will clarify the issue for all the members.

I shall share, please give me some time anna. Also some other member had shared it too few weeks back, i just highlighted this for reference purpose

Back
Top Bottom