General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV

• Thread starter Thread starter sundaresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28,768
  • Views Views: Views 4,014,919
Tha.RP8 said:
Maybe using those buffer techniques they told you about??
Not that how .. OP bro said some star hd channels going to add .. So i ask how u know this info adtv going to add those channels .. And he replied for that too ..
Tha.RP8 said:
Or maybe, they have acquired the tps, and keeping it a secret until they complete testing. So they are alarmed about how their secret info leaked to customers.. (Just being optimistic) :sp .. What do you say?

may be .. i too have that thought .. lets see ..

rtz2042 said:
As per the SES official website, SES-9 isn't still listed under Satellites covering Asia..

Double check... See below... I read a Year End results of SES.. I think its 2015 year end results... SES has mentioned that they have procured additional business from Airtel.

8604cd3e056c02332a0d9a276079910b.jpg

da8285d6dffa5bc7ab281534749359b1.jpg

15608060d5f0565ed1b4055375ff9617.jpg

thisisjagan said:
Double check... See below... I read a Year End results of SES.. I think its 2015 year end results... SES has mentioned that they have procured additional business from Airtel.

Where did you find this text bro??
I am not able to see it anywhere.

Great efforts @vikash and @Sai bro  :clap :clap but still addition of SES 9 tp's to Airtel family looks like a long wait

Airtel have been lucky in a way that in last few months of 2016 no new HD channels were launched,but with Dish TV also adding 15 HD channels soon,TS leading the HD race,D2H also adding new HD channels this time Airtel has to come out with all guns blazing

I have been watching all HD channels on TS,for me MTV Beats HD,Travel XP HD and Animal Planet HD are most important channels that should be present on Airtel   :k

Another thing is that ses9 has a whooping 81 ku band tps (ses 7 has only 19!), and not only airtel but no one seems to be in a hurry to buy/lease them. Only 8 of them are in use now, out of which one is from SE-Asia beam, while other 7 are from NE-Asia beam.
http://www.lyngsat.com/SES-9.html
Out of the 7, 4 are used by gsat direct tv, as per their deal in 2013 itself for transfer from nss11 to ses 9.
GSAT-signs-new-capacity-on-SES-satellites-NSS-11-and-SES-9
Only sky direct philippines newly got tps in 2016, as per deal in May 2016.
Sky Cable signs deal with SES to launch new direct-to-home satellite TV in PHL | Sun.Star
Others are lying unused, including the entire South Asia beam(Indian sub continent). Wonder why!!

Moreover, Acc. to ses website, their business will be closed from 24th Jan-24th Feb, and 2016 full year announcement on 24th Feb.
Financial calendar | SES

So if airtel got ses tps on/before January, we'll come to know on 24th Feb even if airtel doesn't disclose... Lets see what happens...

iphifi said:
I was just looking at my Hero Mybox STB cardboard cover and it says manufactured by Jabil Circuits India, Pune for Mybox. I went to their website and it's a US based company listed in NASDAQ. Assets worth 10 billion dollars and 177,000 employees. Airtel really has very good international and Indian partners. Jabil | Supply Chain Management, Design Services and Global Manufacturing Partner Jabil | Digital Home Design

but we, customers need HD channel not international partner!!!

Optimus_Prime said:
but we, customers need HD channel not international partner!!!
Yeah that's right yaar.. We need HD channels.. Marathi viewers are waiting for Zee Marathi HD and Zee talkies HD..

Back
Top Bottom