General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV

• Thread starter Thread starter sundaresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28,768
  • Views Views: Views 4,014,919
iphifi said:
I was just looking at my Hero Mybox STB cardboard cover and it says manufactured by Jabil Circuits India, Pune for Mybox. I went to their website and it's a US based company listed in NASDAQ. Assets worth 10 billion dollars and 177,000 employees. Airtel really has very good international and Indian partners. Jabil | Supply Chain Management, Design Services and Global Manufacturing Partner Jabil | Digital Home Design

one query bro when u purchased ur hero stb frm adtv :huh ..

Sai Laxman said:
How was the performance till now any s/w or h/w issues :huh ..

Mine was before the free USB stick version. So don't know the quality of later models. I keep my STB on 24hrs a day for recording purpose and till now no issues. No hanging. In the beginning there was PQ issue in SD channels but after Harmonic transcoder implementation no issues.

So it means Airtel Hero Stbs are also of good quality:huh and iphifi bro how is the PQ of HD Channels on your box:huh

abhi123 said:
So it means Airtel Hero Stbs are also of good quality::huh and iphifi bro how is the PQ of HD Channels on your box:huh

Hero STB is good in electronics. PQ of HD is very good. AQ is very good. PQ of SD was bad in the beginning but now I am used to it. I am not saying it's very good but my old Huawei circuit was fried while I was watching TV, so I personally don't feel Hero (Jabil circuit version) is that bad as people say.

Sai Laxman said:
means it get burnt :huh:eek:s ..

I was changing channels and suddenly - No signal error. ADTV technician checked and said power circuit is burnt...
BTW Hero box has no Ethernet port. So internet is only possible by wifi dongle. Also no manual button. So cannot do anything without remote.

Back
Top Bottom