General Discussion about Airtel Xstream Devices

• Thread starter DonJon
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 556
  • Views: Views 92,010
Why you getting offended ...if you are not knowledgeable to how something is working..then it okay.. Even I don't know many things and this is why we are online on many forums to share and gain knowledge..and I am not ruining this thread and maybe someone else will find it useful... TV with USB also has Video Scalers and players built into...You will notice When you plug in Pendrive to TV via USB port... most of supported formats it will play..and some videos with permitted format won't be playing...some small videos won't work ...some very long videos won't work... some mobile recorded mp4 videos won't work...this is always hit or miss when it comes to playing videos on different videos scalers...some will play some will not...and for higher pixel count videos on native resolution... some 4k will play okay ...some 4k content will have sync issue ..some will be choppy....In the end It is okay to not have knowledge of all the things we come across in our life ...So chill ..

I tend to agree with Mr. DonJon. Converting one format to another format or to different scale in real time is called trancoding and hardware in XStream will have limitation though I am not sure about burning of the hardware.

I have airtel dth connection while my fibernet connection is of a different brand. If I go for the set top box airtel x stream will there be any problem to view the ott channels (as I understand that the OTT platforms run via fiber net)

I agree with Mr. Sushruta. XStream is independent of ISP. I have fibre to home not from Airtel and OTT part of the STB works.

I tend to agree with Mr. DonJon. Converting one format to another format or to different scale in real time is called trancoding and hardware in XStream will have limitation though I am not sure about burning of the hardware.
That is what I told him that the hardware is of poor quality in Xstream & can't even run a 300mb 4k file but I couldn't agree with him when he said that, MCBs get burnt while trans-coding...I asked him to provide proofs of that & he replied back saying, I don't have knowledge so I need to google "CPU, motherboards gets burn etc" which is by no means related to what I asked him...I built atleast 500 PCs myself since 2000 as I used to work in ASUS & everyone knows CPU & mobos get burnt, UPS get burnt, ram get burnt & pretty much every electric/electronic parts can get burnt but no-one has ever heard that, any hardware device got burnt due to trans-coding...

Last edited:
For all the issues combined...Not being able to register/change RMN, STB hangs & auto-restarts, Not being able to view Xstream movies & shows plus all contents sending DD signal to HT...After my every messages, they were replying like this so I stopped messaging them because I felt I was talking with robots...
For changing mobile number, did you try this method?

DTH Updates - Change Your RTN Online

I don't have any hanging and restarting issues after updating the software to 1.0.2633. I was facing this issue before this update.

Unable to watch Xstream content is common issue on this box. Every time we reset the box, mobile number is getting disconnected from the account and the back end team needs to do something to fix it. I faced it yesterday when the engineer who came to check the audio issue reset the box. I had to contact the Twitter team again and they fixed it instantly. But it's an annoying issue though.

In your case all the issues are because of your number being wrong. Please try that link and see if you are able to change it yourself, then everything else should be easily fixed.

Also I understood that it's not wise to have too many issues open with these guys, as it'll be difficult to track.

Once your mobile number is fixed, we can raise the audio issue and track it.

For changing mobile number, did you try this method?

DTH Updates - Change Your RTN Online

I don't have any hanging and restarting issues after updating the software to 1.0.2633. I was facing this issue before this update.

Unable to watch Xstream content is common issue on this box. Every time we reset the box, mobile number is getting disconnected from the account and the back end team needs to do something to fix it. I faced it yesterday when the engineer who came to check the audio issue reset the box. I had to contact the Twitter team again and they fixed it instantly. But it's an annoying issue though.

In your case all the issues are because of your number being wrong. Please try that link and see if you are able to change it yourself, then everything else should be easily fixed.

Also I understood that it's not wise to have too many issues open with these guys, as it'll be difficult to track.

Once your mobile number is fixed, we can raise the audio issue and track it.
I replied in your thread (the last post)...I am not being able to change my RTN on the site...I have tried like 30+ times...It always comes as "Unable to update details...Please try again later"...

Tried calling CC, contacted Nodal office, sent messages to AirTel Presence...None of them could change my RTN...Phone CC people everytime tell me that they already have my correct number but when I try to call 81300 81300 or try to send sms to 54325, I get an SMS reply back that, my number is not registered with any AirTel DTH connection while when I call the phone CC, it automatically detects me as an AirTel DTH customer...

I have tried updating the box software to the latest version but it says No update available...I'm currently on the older/first version 1.0.2568...Can you Please guide me how to update the software to 2633 as the box is showing me that no further update is available ??

I replied in your thread (the last post)...I am not being able to change my RTN on the site...I have tried like 30+ times...It always comes as "Unable to update details...Please try again later"...

Tried calling CC, contacted Nodal office, sent messages to AirTel Presence...None of them could change my RTN...Phone CC people everytime tell me that they already have my correct number but when I try to call 81300 81300 or try to send sms to 54325, I get an SMS reply back that, my number is not registered with any AirTel DTH connection while when I call the phone CC, it automatically detects me as an AirTel DTH customer...

I have tried updating the box software to the latest version but it says No update available...I'm currently on the older/first version 1.0.2568...Can you Please guide me how to update the software to 2633 as the box is showing me that no further update is available ??
I got the update almost instantly from here. Settings - Advanced Settings - System Diagnostics - Software Info - Check app updates.

Are you using an Airtel mobile number or any other provider? Also, did you try a different browser to update the number via that link?

I got the update almost instantly from here. Settings - Advanced Settings - System Diagnostics - Software Info - Check app updates.

Are you using an Airtel mobile number or any other provider? Also, did you try a different browser to update the number via that link?
I was trying to update the software by going to System Settings - Android Settings - Device Preferences - About - System Update...

The above way was showing me that no update is available...

Thanks for sharing the other way of updating by going through the System Diagnostics menu...Now my software is updated to 2633...Thank You...

And about the RTN issue, yes I have tried different browsers & even tried different devices but the issue remains same...

I am sharing the same screenshot by @RajKumar which he shared in the main AirTel DTH problems & doubts thread...I'm having this exact same problem...

And yes I am using an AirTel prepaid number...

KscDtJC.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock