General Discussion about Airtel Xstream Devices

• Thread starter DonJon
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 556
  • Views: Views 91,998
I was trying to update the software by going to System Settings - Android Settings - Device Preferences - About - System Update...

The above way was showing me that no update is available...

Thanks for sharing the other way of updating by going through the System Diagnostics menu...Now my software is updated to 2633...Thank You...

And about the RTN issue, yes I have tried different browsers & even tried different devices but the issue remains same...

I am sharing the same screenshot by @RajKumar which he shared in the main AirTel DTH problems & doubts thread...I'm having this exact same problem...

And yes I am using an AirTel prepaid number...

KscDtJC.jpg
Ok. That's nice. Many issues should be resolved with that update. The version that comes with the box is horrible, there are so many issues like Google assistant not working, random reboots, system suddenly going back to home screen.

You mentioned the phone cc recognizes your number when you call. Do you have any other number (Non Airtel) that you can try updating to. If yes, please try that, not via the link but through customer care.

Ok. That's nice. Many issues should be resolved with that update. The version that comes with the box is horrible, there are so many issues like Google assistant not working, random reboots, system suddenly going back to home screen.

You mentioned the phone cc recognizes your number when you call. Do you have any other number (Non Airtel) that you can try updating to. If yes, please try that, not via the link but through customer care.
Yes I have tried changing the number by calling to CC like I mentioned on my earlier comment & the CC person also confirms everytime that they have updated my number in their records but that doesn't reflect on my box & I still get messages on the number (my mom's number) which the box shows in the menu...I have tried changing the number to BSNL & Vodafone by calling the CC but they are unable to change the number in reality...All they say is that, we have updated your number in our records but when I call 81300 81300 or send SMS to 54325, it doesn't recognize my number...And on the box also, after everytime calling CC multiple times, they make the number show on the box after every factory reset & everytime the number which is not my RTN shows on the box...

One local service person told me that I can't update my RTN before 30 days of a new connection...I don't know how true is that though...But I will know after 19th of this month as my connection will be 1 month old then...

I don't have any idea why such a basic thing like changing a mobile number would have to be so much problematic...

Yes I have tried changing the number by calling to CC like I mentioned on my earlier comment & the CC person also confirms everytime that they have updated my number in their records but that doesn't reflect on my box & I still get messages on the number (my mom's number) which the box shows in the menu...I have tried changing the number to BSNL & Vodafone by calling the CC but they are unable to change the number in reality...All they say is that, we have updated your number in our records but when I call 81300 81300 or send SMS to 54325, it doesn't recognize my number...And on the box also, after everytime calling CC multiple times, they make the number show on the box after every factory reset & everytime the number which is not my RTN shows on the box...

One local service person told me that I can't update my RTN before 30 days of a new connection...I don't know how true is that though...But I will know after 19th of this month as my connection will be 1 month old then...

I don't have any idea why such a basic thing like changing a mobile number would have to be so much problematic...
In which format you are trying to send the message? Also, please note 8130081300 doesn't work for me also. And 54325 works only from certain networks, it doesn't work from BSNL. If the regular cc number is recognizing your number, it's updated. I don't believe the information that we can't update the number for a month.

Please note, there's a bug in the Xstream Box as of now that a factory reset causes our number to be reset and they have to do something from the back end to fix it. So if the issue gets fixed and you are able to watch Xstream content, do not reset the box. Also, if you didn't already, please login to the Xstream app on mobile once with the same number that's linked with DTH account.

In which format you are trying to send the message? Also, please note 8130081300 doesn't work for me also. And 54325 works only from certain networks, it doesn't work from BSNL. If the regular cc number is recognizing your number, it's updated. I don't believe the information that we can't update the number for a month.

Please note, there's a bug in the Xstream Box as of now that a factory reset causes our number to be reset and they have to do something from the back end to fix it. So if the issue gets fixed and you are able to watch Xstream content, do not reset the box. Also, if you didn't already, please login to the Xstream app on mobile once with the same number that's linked with DTH account.
My problem is that, even though the central customer care is recognizing my number correctly but on my box shows another number...After I reset the box, it shows as not available & after calling CC, they fix something from their back-end team & the number starts showing on the box but the number everytimes shows wrong doesn't matter if I do reset or not...My registered RMN & the number shown on the box are always different even after CC people saying me that they have correctly updated my number in their system...

And yes, the first version had a lot of bugs so I had to reset multiple times but I won't reset it again as the software is now updated...Problem is, no-one from the AirTel team (starting from junior CC people to AirTel presence team to Nodal office) have any clue why my registered RMN & the number shows on the box are different...The phone CC detects my number properly but I get SMS messages on the number which shows on the box's menu...I requested them multiple times to remove the non-RTN number from their system but they are unable to do so...

My problem is that, even though the central customer care is recognizing my number correctly but on my box shows another number...After I reset the box, it shows as not available & after calling CC, they fix something from their back-end team & the number starts showing on the box but the number everytimes shows wrong doesn't matter if I do reset or not...My registered RMN & the number shown on the box are always different even after CC people saying me that they have correctly updated my number in their system...

And yes, the first version had a lot of bugs so I had to reset multiple times but I won't reset it again as the software is now updated...Problem is, no-one from the AirTel team (starting from junior CC people to AirTel presence team to Nodal office) have any clue why my registered RMN & the number shows on the box are different...The phone CC detects my number properly but I get SMS messages on the number which shows on the box's menu...I requested them multiple times to remove the non-RTN number from their system but they are unable to do so...
So the number that's shown on box menu is with you. If yes, then just to confirm, can you send an sms to 54325 from that number.

So the number that's shown on box menu is with you. If yes, then just to confirm, can you send an sms to 54325 from that number.
Yes that's my mom's number & the number is with me...When I send SMS HR from that number to 54325, it doesn't recognize my number & I have to type HR & my customer ID together & only then I get the reply that it will take 10 minutes to update...In-short none of the numbers (which are being recognized by the phone CC & the number which displayed on the box) gets recognized by 54325 if I just put HR in there without my customer ID...

Currently as we speak, AirTel phone CC & the AirTel Presence team both are unable to make any number show on my box...After repeated requests on twitter,one of their support person called me & told me that he has fixed the Not available thing but even after 30 minutes of him saying that to me on phone, all fo the fields are still showing as not available...God I won't do factory reset again...

Even if they manage to show the info back again, the mobile number will again show wrong for sure...

Yes that's my mom's number & the number is with me...When I send SMS HR from that number to 54325, it doesn't recognize my number & I have to type HR & my customer ID together & only then I get the reply that it will take 10 minutes to update...In-short none of the numbers (which are being recognized by the phone CC & the number which displayed on the box) gets recognized by 54325 if I just put HR in there without my customer ID...

Currently as we speak, AirTel phone CC & the AirTel Presence team both are unable to make any number show on my box...After repeated requests on twitter,one of their support person called me & told me that he has fixed the Not available thing but even after 30 minutes of him saying that to me on phone, all fo the fields are still showing as not available...God I won't do factory reset again...

Even if they manage to show the info back again, the mobile number will again show wrong for sure...
After calling the phone CC again, they fixed the not available thing but as I mentioned on my earlier comment, the mobile number is still showing as wrong...

After calling the phone CC again, they fixed the not available thing but as I mentioned on my earlier comment, the mobile number is still showing as wrong...
Is it an Airtel number or other network's? Just HR works only with Airtel. If the number is not recognized, you'll need to send an OTP after you make the request even if you add the customer ID in the sms. If you are not being asked for an OTP, the number is linked with the account.

Are you able to watch Xstream content now with mom's number updated on the box now. I think it's the case of your number being alternate and mom's number being primary.

Is it an Airtel number or other network's? Just HR works only with Airtel. If the number is not recognized, you'll need to send an OTP after you make the request even if you add the customer ID in the sms. If you are not being asked for an OTP, the number is linked with the account.

Are you able to watch Xstream content now with mom's number updated on the box now. I think it's the case of your number being alternate and mom's number being primary.
My main number is AirTel but the alternate number is BSNL & just the HR command don't get accepted on both & I need to type in my Customer ID on both AirTel & BSNL...It's not asking me to provide any OTP for both the numbers...

Yes I can watch the Xstream content with my mom's number on the box...And yes you are right, that's being the case...When I booked the connection, they called me & asked for an alternate number & I provided my mom's BSNL number thinking that it will not be an issue...I repeatedly told them to make my AirTel number as the primary number but I think they didn't do it & made my mom's number as Primary & now they are not being able to switch between them...I requested them to delete the alternate number totally from their system but they are not being able to do that too...

Their phone CC detects my main number but everytime I contact them, I get messages on my alternate number which showing on the box...

I'm not gonna do anymore factory reset lol...This is a huge pain to get even the alternate number being shown on the box to watch Xstream contents...

I don't have any idea why changing RTN via the site isn't working for me though...I tried to change my RTN to atleast 3-4 numbers but all the time got same error like i showed you the screenshot before...Not sure about that 1 month thing too because if that would have been the case, it would have been with everyone & not only with me...Several people have managed to update their RTN like I saw in your thread & none of them I think have bought the connection more than 1 month ago when they managed to update it...

How to connect xstream box to airtel smart remote app?
Any idea guys!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock