General Discussion about Airtel Xstream Devices

• Thread starter DonJon
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 556
  • Views: Views 92,159
With removal of HDR Feature, Surround Sound is it worth to upgrade my InternetTV to Xstream STB ??

1. If we rollback to previous firmware does HDR Feature will be enabled??
2. After 3months free trail of Aitrtel Xstream App How much we need to pay??
3. Can I pair Xstream STB Remote with LG 4K WebOS TV Remote ?? As my current InternetTV Remote doesn't Pair.

Last edited:
With removal of HDR Feature, Surround Sound is it worth to upgrade my InternetTV to Xstream STB ??
No at all
1. If we rollback to previous firmware does HDR Feature will be enabled??
HDR problem will still be there for some Tvs
2. After 3months free trail of Aitrtel Xstream App How much we need to pay??
Till now ,no update . Mostly it will be free .
3. Can I pair Xstream STB Remote with LG 4K WebOS TV Remote ?? As my current InternetTV Remote doesn't Pair. Yes u can

Today, sometime back, while browsing through Hotstar app on my Airtel Xstream stb, I found the HDR icon/logo for some titles for which it was HDR was not found after recent update (Ver 2.2.3). When I played them, the TV is detecting HDR and HDR logo is appearing on top right corner of my LG TV 55SM9000 and accordingly HDR picture modes are selected. When I click back on remote, it's coming out of HDR picture modes and is back to normal picture modes. This happened for Avengers : Endgame, Togo.

Also, I checked Amazon Prime app also. For Jack Ryan too, the same thing happened. HDR mode enabled while the series is playing only.

Also on Netflix for Lost in Space too.

Was there any change to firmware or anything happened today. Did anyone notice it on their TVs too.
GOW2foS.jpg

uHsrjJQ.jpg

79Qy3lr.jpg

7zGbHI3.jpg

GmnawIv.jpg

wccRu18.jpg

Attached are few pictures.

Today, sometime back, while browsing through Hotstar app on my Airtel Xstream stb, I found the HDR icon/logo for some titles for which it was HDR was not found after recent update (Ver 2.2.3). When I played them, the TV is detecting HDR and HDR logo is appearing on top right corner of my LG TV 55SM9000 and accordingly HDR picture modes are selected. When I click back on remote, it's coming out of HDR picture modes and is back to normal picture modes. This happened for Avengers : Endgame, Togo.

Also, I checked Amazon Prime app also. For Jack Ryan too, the same thing happened. HDR mode enabled while the series is playing only.

Was there any change to firmware or anything happened today. Did anyone notice it on their TVs too.
GOW2foS.jpg

uHsrjJQ.jpg

79Qy3lr.jpg

7zGbHI3.jpg

GmnawIv.jpg

wccRu18.jpg

So you are saying that you are getting hdr after 2.2.3 fw update?

GOW2foS.jpg

uHsrjJQ.jpg

79Qy3lr.jpg

7zGbHI3.jpg

GmnawIv.jpg

wccRu18.jpg

Just a quick update.

When the TV and STB were switched on today morning, there is no HDR signal today. Don't know why. This is the 2nd time after the recent update, I've seen hdr shown on TV and not shown later. Why is the stb sending HDR signals sometimes and not most of the times. Any clues. Aware that after recent update, hdr is disabled. But why is it showing sometimes.

Just a quick update.

When the TV and STB were switched on today morning, there is no HDR signal today. Don't know why. This is the 2nd time after the recent update, I've seen hdr shown on TV and not shown later. Why is the stb sending HDR signals sometimes and not most of the times. Any clues. Aware that after recent update, hdr is disabled. But why is it showing sometimes.

Not like that bro,if u want HDR ,switch on TV and STB . after the tv went live , restart the stb alone after that you will find HDR enabled on available contents

GOW2foS.jpg

uHsrjJQ.jpg

79Qy3lr.jpg

7zGbHI3.jpg

GmnawIv.jpg

wccRu18.jpg

Prime video in my xstream box lags like crazy after I play a title. Subtitles are shown a few seconds after the video starts playing and then takes a minute or 2 to sync up with the video. The play/pause, forward/ reverse buttons lag like crazy for a minute after the video is played. It gets back to normal after a minute or 2 into the video. Do you or any one else face a similar problem in prime video aap on xstream STB?

Prime video in my xstream box lags like crazy after I play a title. Subtitles are shown a few seconds after the video starts playing and then takes a minute or 2 to sync up with the video. The play/pause, forward/ reverse buttons lag like crazy for a minute after the video is played. It gets back to normal after a minute or 2 into the video. Do you or any one else face a similar problem in prime video aap on xstream STB?
Yes. Prime Video lags terribly on the Xstream Box. Moreover, the forward and rewind controls are extremely difficult to access.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock