General Discussion about Airtel Xstream Devices

• Thread starter DonJon
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 556
  • Views: Views 92,606
Content from Social Swag App is now unavailable on Airtel XStream Play OTT platform

Few days back Airtel Darshan service was made available on Airtel XStream Smart Android Boxes and now Today Airtel Music channel has been added on LCN 479.....i had already stated earlier that this might happen very shortly.

Although Airtel Music comprises of 12 audio channels and 4 video channels which provide customers option to watch/listen content or songs from various genres but the Airtel Music channel which has been added at LCN 479 on Airtel XStream STB is different from the above channels and exclusively available on smart/android box.

Hopefully in coming days even other audio/video channels which are part of Airtel Music service will be launched for Airtel XStream Smart/Android STB customers and be added on separate LCN slots in respective genres or in the empty slots available from LCN 0-100.

I think once 4 digit LCN format is implemented and LCN Realignment process begins then 0 -200 LCN might be allocated for service channels (0 -100 for adding channels like Airtel Music, Airtel Darshan, etc. which cannot be made available on single LCN on Airtel XStream Boxes as smart boxes do not support trigger/launcher feature and accessing/selecting content listed under multi window set up ) .

Also since last 3 or 4 years i am noticing that as far as adopting new, advanced and innovative technology/infrastructure is concerned and henceforth observing work undertaken towards enabling its optimum use across various devices , i can notice that Airtel Digital TV has taken a vast lead over Tata Play which earlier used to be the front runner in this operational space.

Airtel seems to be doing a good job of building products which can not only help them compete with rivals in DTH, Telecom, Broadband sector but also what i like is that in each of these sectors they are coming out with good strategies to cater to needs of diverse spectrum of customers.

Now i am expecting Airtel to come up with a product like Jio TV , Jio TV+ ....they might already be working on expanding the offerings available on Airtel XStream Play Platform which also includes building the app for various platforms like recently they launched IOs version of Airtel XStream Play App but more so content and feature wise there r lot of additions i am anticipating to happen on this platform in near future.

I was just wondering what if Airtel enters some strategic alliance with Disney-Star and enters broadcasting sector too which will further help them consolidate their positioning against Reliance Jio

I think once 4 digit LCN format is implemented and LCN Realignment process begins then 0 -200 LCN might be allocated for service channels (0 -100 for adding channels like Airtel Music, Airtel Darshan, etc. which cannot be made available on single LCN on Airtel XStream Boxes as smart boxes do not support trigger/launcher feature and accessing/selecting content listed under multi window set up ) .
Bro I seriously don't know why you are always talking about 4 digit LCN. We don't need that bro. One it's not required and two it's really an edge for Airtel.

Another humble request, you please separate your post between updates and future strategies so people who want to read only the updates can read that only. Like give the heading updates in bold, give the updates and then give heading future possible strategies of Airtel in bold and express your creative thoughts.

Bro I seriously don't know why you are always talking about 4 digit LCN. We don't need that bro. One it's not required and two it's really an edge for Airtel.

Another humble request, you please separate your post between updates and future strategies so people who want to read only the updates can read that only. Like give the heading updates in bold, give the updates and then give heading future possible strategies of Airtel in bold and express your creative thoughts.
Buddy 4 Digit LCN is needed, current 3 digit LCN format not enough to accommodate more channels keeping adequate empty slots in each genre for future channel addition + it is also necessary to maintain some gap between each genre on the EPG.

Currently due to 3 Digit LCN there is frequent need to change channel number to create empty LCN slots for adding more channels in various genres and u can see many channels mixing up/crossing over to another genre/category on EPG bcoz of shortage of LCN slots

Sure buddy, in future i will certainly try to format my posts as u have suggested

Buddy 4 Digit LCN is needed, current 3 digit LCN format not enough to accommodate more channels keeping adequate empty slots in each genre for future channel addition + it is also necessary to maintain some gap between each genre on the EPG.

Currently due to 3 Digit LCN there is frequent need to change channel number to create empty LCN slots for adding more channels in various genres and u can see many channels mixing up/crossing over to another genre/category on EPG bcoz of shortage of LCN slots

Sure buddy, in future i will certainly try to format my posts as u have suggested
Like 2000 more channels are going come. Look at the scale at which new channels were launched. Their were really very few new channels in the past 3 years. Be practical, already this industry is under stress where top broadcaster like Star is looking for exit though not wholly but we got a few news regarding regional channels. You must also know about substantial drop in TRP of Star Vijay. In my opinion channels are not coming and even if they come they will be replacement to existing channel only. Present 3 digit LCN is really good.

Like 2000 more channels are going come. Look at the scale at which new channels were launched. Their were really very few new channels in the past 3 years. Be practical, already this industry is under stress where top broadcaster like Star is looking for exit though not wholly but we got a few news regarding regional channels. You must also know about substantial drop in TRP of Star Vijay. In my opinion channels are not coming and even if they come they will be replacement to existing channel only. Present 3 digit LCN is really good.
I agree there is not even 900 channels so why extend the channels lcn to 2000..this is just showoff

No buddy. 4 Digit LCN format is much needed even to accomdate 700 to 800 TV Channels, Service Channels, Home Channels....maintaining adequate gaps between genres on EPG.

You can see right now with 3 Digit LCN system channels r very tightly arranged on EPG of Airtel Digital TV and in many genres no empty slots available for addition of new channels.

As i have said earlier having 4 Digit LCN will address many issues at one go

No buddy. 4 Digit LCN format is much needed even to accomdate 700 to 800 TV Channels, Service Channels, Home Channels....maintaining adequate gaps between genres on EPG.

You can see right now with 3 Digit LCN system channels r very tightly arranged on EPG of Airtel Digital TV and in many genres no empty slots available for addition of new channels.

As i have said earlier having 4 Digit LCN will address many issues at one go
I will just tell one thing to Airtel. It will be a blunder if they migrate to 4 digit LCN. People find 4 digit LCN to be really inconvenient. They really have an edge with 3 digit LCN. Present LCN arrangement is just the best. Very well arranged, language wise and genre wise. 4 digit LCN is purely unnecessary.

We want all services and channels below 1000 except South regional channels which should b abve 1000 to 2000....
1 to 100 services
100 to 200 GEC hindi
200 to 300 Movies hindi
300 to 400 Eng Ent, movies and infotainment
400 to 600 News hindi
600 to 650 sports
650 to 700 Spiritual
700 to 750 kids
750 to 1000 marati,punjabi,bengali,oriya,NE

We want all services and channels below 1000 except South regional channels which should b abve 1000 to 2000....
1 to 100 services
100 to 200 GEC hindi
200 to 300 Movies hindi
300 to 400 Eng Ent, movies and infotainment
400 to 600 News hindi
600 to 650 sports
650 to 700 Spiritual
700 to 750 kids
750 to 1000 marati,punjabi,bengali,oriya,NE
1-100 or atleast till 50 should be dedicated to favorites channels..miss those old cable days..atleast they had better placement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock