General Discussion about Airtel Xstream Devices

• Thread starter DonJon
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 556
  • Views: Views 92,649
We want all services and channels below 1000 except South regional channels which should b abve 1000 to 2000....
1 to 100 services
100 to 200 GEC hindi
200 to 300 Movies hindi
300 to 400 Eng Ent, movies and infotainment
400 to 600 News hindi
600 to 650 sports
650 to 700 Spiritual
700 to 750 kids
750 to 1000 marati,punjabi,bengali,oriya,NE
You might think by keeping South channels at >1000 LCN you have your favourite channels in 3 digit LCN. But remember you still need to press 4 numbers, prefixing 0. FYI top in the TRP are South channels, Maa and Sun. I say again, this is completely a useless task as of now. We don't have so many channels now and even if so we don't have capacity to carry more than the 3 digit LCN.

Last edited:
You might think by keeping South channels at >1000 LCN you have your favourite channels in 3 digit LCN. But remember you still need to press 4 numbers, prefixing 0. FYI top in the TRP are South channels, Maa and Sun. I say again, this is completely a useless task as of now. We don't have so many channels now and even if so we don't have capacity to carry more than the 3 digit LCN.

Buddy, punching 4 Digit LCN is not at all invonvenient...may be somewhat for older people but still not quite tedious task as u r making it seem.

There are total of around 800 channels which need to be carried and as i have said 0-100 number LCN slots will largely be reserved for adding service channels like Airtel Music, Airtel Darshan etc for Airtel XStream Smart Android Box customers.

To accommodate and arrange channels properly and.not cause frequent LCN changes or mixing up of channels from.one genre in LCN line up of another 4 Digit LCN system implementation is a must.

Having 3 digit LCN leads to barely managing to squeeze all channels.in available LCN slots and not only channel line up/arrangement looks cluttered but also creates issues stated above

As i have said before 4 Digit LCN system is much needed and i am certain that Airtel Digital TV will implement the same very soon

Buddy, punching 4 Digit LCN is not at all invonvenient...may be somewhat for older people but still not quite tedious task as u r making it seem.
It is.
There are total of around 800 channels which need to be carried and as i have said 0-100 number LCN slots will largely be reserved for adding service channels like Airtel Music, Airtel Darshan etc for Airtel XStream Smart Android Box customers.
Presently Airtel carries only 702 channels. For Xstream box they can come up with some other method without use of separate LCN like regular boxes and using 0 to 29 is an option also.
To accommodate and arrange channels properly and.not cause frequent LCN changes or mixing up of channels from.one genre in LCN line up of another 4 Digit LCN system implementation is a must.
Very few channels are added that way. Can you tell when Airtel previously changed LCN of channels and how many times ? I don't actually remember. They haven't done it frequently.
Having 3 digit LCN leads to barely managing to squeeze all channels.in available LCN slots and not only channel line up/arrangement looks cluttered but also creates issues stated above
Present arrangements itself is very good. Not as complaining as you say and as 4 digit LCN is.
As i have said before 4 Digit LCN system is much needed and i am certain that Airtel Digital TV will implement the same very soon
Not at all required, Airtel won't do it.

It is.

Presently Airtel carries only 702 channels. For Xstream box they can come up with some other method without use of separate LCN like regular boxes and using 0 to 29 is an option also.

Very few channels are added that way. Can you tell when Airtel previously changed LCN of channels and how many times ? I don't actually remember. They haven't done it frequently.

Present arrangements itself is very good. Not as complaining as you say and as 4 digit LCN is.

Not at all required, Airtel won't do it.

Bro, i have already explained that service channels like Airtel Music/Funschool/Darshan cannot be added via trigger /launcher (red button) and listing of content under windows as such feature is not supported by smart/android boxes of any DTH/Cable TV company

Buddy not so long ago Airtel Digital TV had to change LCN of English News Channels to add more Hindi News Channels.

Now look even those LCN Slots r almost all filled up and even in English News Genre if a new channel needs to be added then it can only be added post business news channels + Wion else they need to change LCN of all business news channels to day add a channel like News X at LCN 395 or 396 to maintain continuity
If they do so then again there will be hardly any vacant slots left to add International News Channels and they would again have to make changes in LCN of Infotainment / Lifestyle Channels tp accommodate New International News Channels and then Infotainment/Lifestyle channels will be very placed very close to each other.

Later if a channel launches HD feed then again it creates issue to add the same alongside its SD feed

More so in regional genre space u can see that recently to add more channels from North East they had to change channel numbers and DD North East was moved to empty LCN slot available after Airtel Bhojpuri Cinema channel thus in a wrong genre.... Similar issues can be seen in other regional genres tooo....also as u know within egional genres too Airtel Digital TV arranged channels as per genre (GEC, News, Music etc) but if say they want to add a Malyalam News Channel but empty LCN slot is unavailable then they have to add the channel in available empty slot in GEC/ Music genre.

Look at Colors Cineplex HD it was added far off from SD feed bcoz of no empty LCN being available and no bcoz of any issue being caused in complying with slabs (placement of channels) agreed upon in RIO agreement with various broadcasters which is causing delay in addition of channels like remaining Viacom18 HD channels

Some people r asking why Zee Thirai HD has not been made available in DPO or respective broadcaster bouquet of Zee...reason most likely will be that airtel would have opted for this channel on a-la-carte basis while entering agreement with Zee reason being that if they signed a New RIO broadcaster agreement with zee which contained this channel then it would require changes in LCN of certain channels to comply with slab (placement of channels) agreed upon in the same and same cannot happen as it would alter already ongoing slab agreement as signed in RIO agreement with other broadcasters.
They added it on a-la-carte basis as a temporary measure and not interfering with clauses agreed upon in ongoing RIO agreements with various broadcasters

Last edited:
Bro, i have already explained that service channels like Airtel Music/Funschool/Darshan cannot be added via trigger /launcher (red button) and listing of content under windows as such feature is not supported by smart/android boxes of any DTH/Cable TV company

Buddy not so long ago Airtel Digital TV had to change LCN of English News Channels to add more Hindi News Channels.

Now look even those LCN Slots r almost all filled up and even in English News Genre if a new channel needs to be added then it can only be added post business news channels + Wion else they need to change LCN of all business news channels to day add a channel like News X at LCN 395 or 396 to maintain continuity
If they do so then again there will be hardly any vacant slots left to add International News Channels and they would again have to make changes in LCN of Infotainment / Lifestyle Channels tp accommodate New International News Channels and then Infotainment/Lifestyle channels will be very placed very close to each other.

Later if a channel launches HD feed then again it creates issue to add the same alongside its SD feed

More so in regional genre space u can see that recently to add more channels from North East they had to change channel numbers and DD North East was moved to empty LCN slot available after Airtel Bhojpuri Cinema channel thus in a wrong genre.... Similar issues can be seen in other regional genres tooo....also as u know within egional genres too Airtel Digital TV arranged channels as per genre (GEC, News, Music etc) but if say they want to add a Malyalam News Channel but empty LCN slot is unavailable then they have to add the channel in available empty slot in GEC/ Music genre.

Look at Colors Cineplex HD it was added far off from SD feed bcoz of no empty LCN being available and no bcoz of any issue being caused in complying with slabs (placement of channels) agreed upon in RIO agreement with various broadcasters which is causing delay in addition of channels like remaining Viacom18 HD channels

Some people r asking why Zee Thirai HD has not been made available in DPO or respective broadcaster bouquet of Zee...reason most likely will be that airtel would have opted for this channel on a-la-carte basis while entering agreement with Zee reason being that if they signed a New RIO broadcaster agreement with zee which contained this channel then it would require changes in LCN of certain channels to comply with slab (placement of channels) agreed upon in the same and same cannot happen as it would alter already ongoing slab agreement as signed in RIO agreement with other broadcasters.
They added it on a-la-carte basis as a temporary measure and not interfering with clauses agreed upon in ongoing RIO agreements with various broadcasters
KIolOxA.gif

I have balance in my account and account validity had 20 plus days. still its shows this error, please help me in this...

Thanks in Advance.

4B3RCQu.jpg

I have balance in my account and account validity had 20 plus days. still its shows this error, please help me in this...

Thanks in Advance.

4B3RCQu.jpg
Bro, Call 01244448080, enter appropriate category and press 9 to connect with CC and ask them about the issue. @Rajkumar bro, try HR before calling. Give missed call to +918448284708 from RMN. Keep STB on while doing HR.

Last edited:
I am sensing that Airtel is working on app to compete with Jio TV+ wherein its broadband and maybe all or select DTH customers including those owning XStream Smart Boxes will get access to Content from various apps, Live TV Channels both satellite and local region based channels , many different service channels and platform services.

Airtel might give XStrem box free or at a good discount to its broadband subscribers so as to increase the subscriber base of both its DTH + Broadband segment and even expand its foothold in OTT space. Airtel Black customer base too will get a growth

Maybe this service would be called Airtel XStream Play+.... Those broadband customers not willing to get XStream Box may also get option to download XStream Play+ app on their mobile or smart boxes /Fire Stick or via website and login via their RMN registered with broadband connection to access content.

Inteterestingly until now there is no restriction for OTT platforms to provide local or service channels which r not having licence from MIB, on the other side Cable , DTH operators have to now start abiding by this rule

Anybody facing issue in streaming content (barring EpicOn & Few other content providers ) on XStream Play app since it received new update few weeks back?

I am unable to stream contwnt from Lionsgate, Ultra, Hungama, Sony Liv stc since then on XStream Play app

I am sensing that Airtel is working on app to compete with Jio TV+ wherein its broadband and maybe all or select DTH customers including those owning XStream Smart Boxes will get access to Content from various apps, Live TV Channels both satellite and local region based channels , many different service channels and platform services.

Airtel might give XStrem box free or at a good discount to its broadband subscribers so as to increase the subscriber base of both its DTH + Broadband segment and even expand its foothold in OTT space. Airtel Black customer base too will get a growth

Maybe this service would be called Airtel XStream Play+.... Those broadband customers not willing to get XStream Box may also get option to download XStream Play+ app on their mobile or smart boxes /Fire Stick or via website and login via their RMN registered with broadband connection to access content.

Inteterestingly until now there is no restriction for OTT platforms to provide local or service channels which r not having licence from MIB, on the other side Cable , DTH operators have to now start abiding by this rule
Is this app available on play store?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock